“Wonderful location”
Review of Relais del Duomo

Relais del Duomo
Ranked #181 of 662 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We really appreciated the kindness and thoughtfulness of Elizabetta. She was very knowledgeable and helpful and made our stay warm and welcoming.

The owner's attitude to the safety of electrical equipment was disturbing.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Having never visited Florence before and travelling on my own to meet friends in the city I booked this intimate B&B hotel due to its location and quaint family-run nature. I was not dissapointed and loved my stay.
Elisabetta could not have been more helpful- contacting me in advance so she could ensure she was in to meet me upon arrival, emailing directions to ensure I found my way from the station and pointing out the best sites and routes on a handy map.
Even once I had found my way and needed less help she was available to book the Uffizi to jump the queues and to make a hearty breakfast before each new day out and about.
A lovely place to stay all round.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Small but very cozy, clean and comfortable hotel just near Duomo. very convenient for sightseeing and shopping. Elisabetta (the representative of the hotels owner) met us very y warm despite our late arrival and helped a lot with restaurants booking during our stay. I will advise the hotel to all my friends. Really great value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I booked this B&B based on its location, & it was perfect. On a road parallel to the Duomo, you could not ask for a more central location! I booked the rooms via a travel website, & received an email from Elisabetta within a day thanking me for the booking, which I found to be a very warm gesture. Elisabetta was kind enough to give us directions, and parking instructions in the event we decided to drive. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was simple but sufficient. We arrived via a bus from Pisa, and the B&B was a 5 minute walk away. We felt right at home there due to Elisabetta and her husbands hospitability, and would definitely stay there again on our next trip! She also gave us great recommendations for dinner. I would highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I booked the room on Expedia months before our arrivial. Within a few hours of the booking I received an email from Elisabeth thanking us for making the booking and asking be to be in touch about time of our arrival so she could be sure someone was there to greet us (as it is a small B&B and not part of their living quarters). We made the arrangements and without a hitch, Joseph was there to meet us months later when we arrived. He even carried our much too heavy luggage up to the first floor facility.

There were four other rooms in the hotel besides ours and all guests had access to the living area and refreshments 24/7. It was quite homey, the room was fine, and we were quite independent. We had been to Florence before so we didn't need anyone to instruct us on what to see/do and since we were litterly less than 150 steps from the Duomo it was quite easy to make our way around the city.

Our flight out of Florence was QUITE early, so Elisabeth made arrangements for us the previous day. At 3:30 a.m. we simply locked the door and took off in the taxi!

We will stay here again when we come back to Florence. Around $100 per night, less than 5 blocks from the train station and 150 steps from the Duomo. For what more can you ask?

Room Tip: Be sure you reserve early! People know when they see a good value and the rooms go quickly!
1  Thank theDelVecchios
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Relais del Duomo this past summer. We had never been to Florence and spoke very little Italian. Elisabetta and Joseph could not have been more hospitable, accommodating, and genuine!
We arrived very late, at about 11 p.m. Joseph was there at the door to greet us and to also make sure that our taxi did not overcharge us from the 20-minute drive from the airport. The next morning, we accidentally slept in past the breakfast hours after our previous long day of travel, and Elisabetta greeted us so warmly and insisted on making us breakfast anyway. We so enjoyed chatting with her and she gave us tips of restaurants to eat at and also helped us with our Italian.
It terms of location, the Relais couldn't be more perfect. It is literally around the corner from the center of Florence on a cobblestone street. We also felt very safe in our room, which was perfectly clean, charming, and comfortable. Our en suite (attached to our room) shower was perfect and our room was outfitted with a TV and internet.
In short, I couldn't recommend this B & B more. Out of traveling through England, France, and Italy, this was by far our favorite place to stay and was very reasonable financially. We often talk about how we wish we could be back right now!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had booked this B&B based on ratings on Tripadvisor. And given we were staying at brand name hotels in the other cities in this trip, we were a little apprehensive about this. But the exemplary service began 2 weeks before we arrived - they reached out to me to confirm the stay and asked me to inform them when I would be arriving and how. They also told me what would the best ways to get to the hotel. We arrived late @ 10:30PM at night and while we had a little difficulty in locating the doorbell, the rest was pretty smooth. Elizabetta was waiting for us - she gave us a quick tour of the place and gave us our set of keys. The room was spacious enough for European standards and most importantly clean and neat. The next morning we had a nice breakfast and even borrowed the Florence guidebook for our day in the city. She was also kind enough to recommend a restaurant frequented by locals (Il Pizzaiuolo - don't miss it, she helped us make reservations which was a must). Very nice place and more importantly, very nice people. The only thing i would say is that, it does say it has wheelchair access but it doesnt (it's up just one floor but that might be an impediment for some people). Also if anyone stays here, the restaurant immediately below the B&B is avoidable, but the tiny tratorria across the street (see photo) is a very nice place.

Room Tip: The restaurant immediately below the B&B is avoidable, but the tiny tratorria across the street...