“backpackers paradise”

Ranked #129 of 649 Florence B&B and Inns
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“backpackers paradise”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The location for Firenze/Florence is perfect. A 15 minute walk from the train platforms, and situated right on the corner of the most desireable Piazza to be at in all of Florence. The hotel and rooms were very clean. I thought Roberto was really nice and helpful. The breakfast was traditionally Italian at a close by quality cafe, which works great for someone on the go. I enjoyed staying here so much that I decided to stay an extra day just to take it easy in Florence. Then I stayed there again when I came back through. Yea, there are some stairs, but if you don't have a walking impediment or a ridiculous amount of luggage, I would not worry about it. If you are looking for ease of handicap access, Europe in general should not really top the list of vacation spots. Europe has a lot of old historical structures that can't be feasibly modified, and uneven, occasionally steep, time-worn cobblestone streets are everywhere. Video cameras are everywhere in various large cities in Europe...get used to it. I mention these last points cause I don't want to see someone disuaded due to what might appear odd to some, but within the context of traveling in Italy is totally normal. Use common sense, if you want stay out late or party in your room there are hotels that cater to that. If you want a premium location, a non-premium price, clean room, and a personable knowledgeable innkeeper in Florence Olga's is it.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Erin M
olgashouse, Owner at B&B Olga's House, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Hi Erin !!!
Glad that you have a really nice stay here with us !!!
Thanks CIAO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Munich, Bayern, Germany
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I spent wonderful days here. the hotel in the city center, the rooms are very nice and clean. the owner extremely helpful and kind. the city is magical. I can only recommend to everyone!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank GiudittaC10
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My vacation in the Olga's House in Florence was very very beautiful!!! The B&B is exactly in the historical centre of the city, all of the most important monuments are close, the room was clean and nice, with very comfortable bed (- that was important for me, cause all the day I was out in the city), and at night I could sleep very well! The owner, Roberto was a helpful and nice person, he gave me lot of informations of Florence what I asked. I will return to the city again in this year , and I'm sure that I'll go to Olga's House, what I can recommend to everyone !!!! :) Thx 4 the wonderful vacation!!! :)

Room Tip: Rooms are clean, new, nice and very comfortable!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Luisa K
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Olga's for 4 nights in June but would never return. Apart from the 80 or so steep stairs to the room, we felt very uncomfortable with Roberto. He watches everyone's movements on his tv and we know he went into our room on a number of occasions while we were out. When we first arrived he was friendly but once we paid for the room, we were not able to contact him at all to let him know that his toilet and shower (which were very old) were not working properly.He was also not around when we checked out which once again meant we could not show him the faults with the room. Our daughter also stayed in another one of his rooms which was a help for me as I could use her shower. She also was very unhappy with Roberto.
This was all bad enough but the worst was still to come when I got an email from Roberto saying that he was taking money off our credit card to pay for repairs to his bathroom - repairs that needed doing before we arrived and he still has not told us exactly what repairs we are paying for. We ABSOLUTELY did NOTHING to cause any damage whatsoever and I am about to contact my credit card company to see what I can do about this unfair situation.
Overall we found our room not at all as the pictures show although adequate, also a mention of the MANY stairs would be helpful in deciding whether to book or not as they were a nightmare. However, my main complaint is with Roberto who we found to be a very dishonest and unpleasant man and he is the last person I would EVER recommend leaving credit card details with.
There is a lot of accommodation available in Florence and I sincerely suggest you do not consider this one. Roberto ruined our memories of Florence which is such a lovely city to visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Margaret M
olgashouse, Direttore at B&B Olga's House, responded to this review, February 15, 2017
Hi and Thanks for spend your important time to wrote a feedback regarding your stay and offer in the mean time a choice to reply at your hevvy accuse and explain to who will read also our position and point of view.
We already have a long experience with a guest that arrive from every part of the world and honestly it's our best interest offer the best as we can to everyone...we offer the best respect but we are of the simple opinion that have to be both side ....this time unfortunately with a NOT educated and arrogant person was quiet complicated to manage and honestly we have tried to offer them a free cancellation and find another solution .....they decide to spend the entire stay here with us and it was really strange to understand why if it was such bad situation ...it sound really strange.
We higtly reccomend to this person to live the next vacation more relaxing and to try to enjoy his life without cause a trouble to who work everyday for guarantee the best stay to all his educated guest. Best Regards
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 13, 2012

olga house is just situated in the middle of town. only drawback- no lift. The acco is on second floor and its 80 steps to fly. There is no staff to help you with your luggage. so u will have to manage on ur own.
vehicles are not allowed in this area so possible that you might have to drag your luggage from nearby distance to this location.
breakfast coupons were given along with the room. it allows one croissant and one coffee in nearby restaurant which is usually at bar counters , if u want to sit and have ur breakfast then u will have to pay extra. Break fast was really disappointing.
room was nice and clean. U might try some other bed and breakfast as this area has numerous bed and break fast places

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank anugupta
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2012

If it wasn't for the location, we might have chosen another hotel. This is a great value B & B. The gentleman that handles all the transactions, is very accomodating and helpful. We are a family of 3, they didn't have one room for us so they gave us two seperate rooms for the same price. Both rooms were clean and comfortable. My husbands room though he said was very noisy, he was near the main street. We were there in the middle of May and the air conditioners were not turned on yet. There was one night where it got warm. The only complaint we have is the climb. I did read that there were 80 steps to reach the floor where Olga's is, we thought it was no big deal. However, when you arrive, tired with heavy suitcases, those 80 steps seem like 380. Also, after touring all day long, arriving back at the B & B tired, was very trying climbing all the steps. If your in good shape, you'll do fine.....I just wouldn't want to climb those steps every day! :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KathyF3
St Louis
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Olga's House was a great. Roberto who runs the B&B is very nice and helpful. We loved the location--Piazza Signoria. It was clean and quiet. Just be know that there is no elevator and there are 80 steps up to Olga's House.....so you can eat gelato everyday! :) This might be cumbersome for some. I would recommend it and definitely stay again. Thank you Roberto!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family