“wonderful, welcoming hotel”
Review of Katti House B&B

Katti House B&B
Ranked #224 of 656 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 12, 2010

I cannot say enough good about this hotel. We came at the last minute, after leaving another hotel that was just entirely unacceptable. We were welcomed with open arms. The proprietor obviously takes pride in her establishment, and that is good to see. We stayed several nights, having to change rooms because of our last-minute arrival. Each was good. They are picturesque and comfortable, and the location is superb...unless you are bothered by street noise. To me that just adds to the feel of Florence.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Katti House B&B

Reviewed December 29, 2009

I arrived to this place with no reservation as I happened to be walking by when I saw it. I was very happy to have been greeted by a friendly lady who took me in and showed me to a nice and spacious room, the bathroom was down the hallway but the room was nice and comfortable. I think it is important to mention that this is not a hotel per se, it is a multi-level house and the owners live there, so they are available to assist if needed.

Since I was planning to stay there 3 or four nights, she mentioned there was a possibility to switch rooms in case a reservation for a bigger party was confirmed, but not to worry, she would work things out.

Early the next morning I asked her if switching rooms was going to be needed. She said no, that the other reservation was for a different day. And so I went out to do my sightseeing and was gone all day. Upon my return in the evening I was surprised to find my room completely empty (closet and drawers) everything was gone! When I knocked at her door she said she had to switch my rooms and showed me to another room in the same floor. This was a tiny little room not to be compared to the previous one "closer to the bathroom" she said. My upset was the fact that she took the liberty to empty my room and move all my stuff without my knowledge. I felt this to be a huge invasion of privacy.

I left saying I was going out for dinner but I went out to the internet cafe to look for a different hotel. When I came back she knocked at my door and said that I could move back into the other room because there had been a misunderstanding and the reservation she was looking at was from last year. I moved all my stuff back to the previous room and spent my last night there.

I moved to a different hotel down the street, Hotel Nuova Italia, where for about 10 extra euros, my room and my privacy was respected (in addition to having free wi-fi access and breakfast included).

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank animated
Reviewed December 9, 2009

I can't say enough about the great location. 5 minutes from train station and Duomo. About 10 minutes to Uffizi and Accademia.

We were in the top floor loft and had a HUGE private bathroom. The room was large, spotless and well appointed. There was some noise at night, but not too bad for the central location.

Maria was sweet and helpful with information, although her English was limited. There is no air conditioning in Oct. and it was still warm and we could have used a fan. There are many steps to the top floor, be ready for them.

We were a bit confused upon arrival. We had reserved at Soggiorno Anna Maria, not Katti House. They are down the street from each other. They are both run by Maria. We rang the buzzer many times at Soggiorno and got no answer. Finally a local person directed us to Katti House down the street. A sign at Soggiorno telling you to go down the street to Katti House would be very helpful. There was just a phone # to call and we did not have a phone.

Reviewed November 17, 2009

Pros: Clean, comfortable, free Wi-Fi, centrally located, accommodating owners Maria & Francesco.
Cons: No elevator, no breakfast and noisy if your room faces the street.
Maria was very helpful with suggestions for restaurants and sites to see. She made sure we were comfortable and gave us a fan since the weather was warm. If Katti House had an elevator I would stay there again.
I would recommend this hotel with the reservations about no elevator and no A/C.
Katti House has Rick Steves' stamp of approval.

1  Thank Bobwilly
Reviewed November 15, 2009

which is just down via Faenza from Katti House. No breakfast, but large & pleasant room in interesting building, and the price was very right.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeneR3
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I actually stayed at their alternate hotel down the street a bit. I found the location to be very good. Internet cafe across the street and laundry down the street. The only problem I had was that since it was October, they had turned the AC off in the rooms. It was still rather warm so I had to sleep with the windows open and there was a lot of noise from below. With the windows closed, I didn't hear any noise.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I can't say enough about this place. For the price it is amazing. The location is great it is a five minute walk from the Duomo and train station. We spent 65 euros / night and it was a steal. The room is very spacious and comes with a private bath. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. If all you need is a comfy quiet room as your home base for sightseeing then I highly recommend this B&B.