“Be Very Careful”
Review of Katti House B&B

Katti House B&B
Ranked #223 of 657 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place, and there were some nice things about it--a friendly introduction, great location, excellent breakfast. However, there were major red flags: the Internet ad claimed that there was a special price for cash payment, but when we arrived that was not the case. The woman, although grandmotherly, was resistant to giving us a receipt, and when she did it was from a separate book. All was smiles until we were about to leave, and she said that we had to pay. I told her we had already paid, and in cash, but she insisted she had no record. She backed down and chuckled when I produced the receipt she had written three days earlier. This was a sharp businesswoman, so there is no way she had forgotten. I also noticed that her daughter, once this scene started to unfold, became quiet and then left the room. I would guess that more than one unwary guest who paid cash and didn't receive (or couldn't find) a receipt has been charged twice. I would not recommend this place. It is simply too shady.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Kevin G
kattihouse, Proprietario at Katti House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Sir,
I think there is been a misunderstanding.
I am alone to manage my b&b(I think that you know that) and so it is normal that
sometimes I forget something.
In any case sorry again for the misunderstanding.
The invoice is a normal practice in Italy and it means that you paid.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR
MARIA

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Everything about our stay was wonderful! The owners are husband & wife, and were so hospitable and loving to us..Everything was clean & cozy. I felt like I was staying at my grandparents!.. Very safe and secure. Very "Italian", doesn't beg more Italy than this..as for the few complaints others may have, they've obviously never been Italy before-stupid. This place was the best! I'll be staying with them again..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Like a few others have mentioned, when we showed up we had to go 2 doors down to the restaurant to get someone to check us in, but I knew that going in (and there was a sign on the door) so it wasn't a big deal. They gave us a good price, the room (a family room with ensuite bathroom) was cleaned daily, and the owners were really, really nice. The breakfast was the best I've ever seen in Italy--coffee/cappuccino/espresso/hot chocolate for the kiddos, juice, hard boiled eggs, croissants, various other pastries, cheese, meats, yogurt, and fruits. The restaurant was a good deal too; they give you a discount if you're staying with them. It was only a few minutes' walk from the major sights, and on a pedestrian-only road, which is really pleasant. Overall it was just a very pleasant place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank skippersarah
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the Soggiorno Annamaria in September 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. It is located on a wonderful pedestrian only street (except for the scooters) and is an easy walk from the train station. We had a clean and quiet room and the wireless internet worked great. Breakfast is served from 8 until 10 in the reception area of Katti house with a choice of fruits , yogurt , cheese and meat as well as croissants and hot coffee, plenty to get your day started. Although Maria does not speak much English we were able to communicate quite well and when she found out we had an early train to catch she offered to open the breakfast room early for us to get a bite before we left on our last morning. Do try the food at their Trattoria just a few steps away next to Katti house. It was great to meet both Maria and her daughter Katti who work very hard to provide a great guest experience at their B & B and restaurant
Wayne & Lorie Calgary Alberta Canada

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I were in Florence on Sat 10/12/13, simply waiting overnight so we could pick up our rental car on Sunday We were pleasantly surprised at how wonderful this little B&B was, as well as being relatively close to the train station where we arrived, it is centrally located and within a few blocks of many of the big attractions and churches in Florence. The room itself was very clean and the bathroom was roomy, and the queen bed was very generous in size. A beutiful window opened widely onto the street, and we got to listen to a father-son duo playing music as they strolled by on the street below while we unpacked our suitcases. Yet at night, with the window closed, the room was quiet. The owner Maria is very personable and friendly woman, and she makes a delicious cappucino (with free refills gladly given!). Breakfast was also very good, with an assortment of pastries, fruit, meat and croissants. We would definitely go there again, especially for a longer stay, since the hospitality was so good, and a nice breakfast always starts the day off right!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

As an independent experienced traveler I really enjoyed staying at the Katti House near the train station for 5 days. Maria treated us like family. The room was very clean and neat. The breakfast served included fresh fruit, pastry, cheese and meat as well as made to order hot beverages like cappuccino. Every night we had dinner a few doors away at Maria's daughter Katti's trattoria. The food was delicious and we were given extras and a discount because we were guests of the house. The Katti House was by far my favorite B&B in Florence. If you want a cultural immersion experience in Florence this place is for you.

Room Tip: If street noise bothers you ask for a quiet room off of the street.