“VERY HOMELY ATMOSPHERE!”

Ranked #519 of 640 Florence B&B and Inns
Beirut
“VERY HOMELY ATMOSPHERE!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We booked a room with a private bathroom at this hotel's 'annex', and they transferred our reservation to "B&B San Lorenzo". We were aware of that before the cancellation due and decided to stay and the given hotel. Which we did not regret at all. :)
Hotel was very well located, in San Lorenzo square, adjacent to San Lorenzo cathedral. Walking distance to most Florence landmarks including the Santa Maria Novella station. The room was clean with warm colors. The automatic check in was easy and really cool. Breakfast the second day was tasty, we had it in the kitchen between the rooms, Ludivico took out the croissants fresh from the oven, he was also helpful and nice and gave us the best points to visit while our stay in Florence.

The atmosphere of the kitchen was very friendly, we had the feeling like we were sharing a cosy apartment with old friends.

When we got in, there was no hot water in the shower, but it was fixed the next day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have written a previous review for this B&B and most of my comments still stand. My husband and I stayed for three nights just couple weeks ago and were once again welcomed by Ludovico into the B&B. We were given a different room this time, and although the size of the room was about the same, the bathroom was a little smaller (and felt crowded). My husband, who is 6'5 banged his head the first time he entered the bathroom as the door frame is quite low. Unfortunately, he didn't always remember to duck! We did not have this issue in the room we had last time.
Breakfast was delivered to our room on a tray at our requested time each morning. It was always the same, but was just enough to get us started on our day. The air conditioning worked wonderfully, which is definitely a must when visiting Florence in the summer!
Other reviewers have commented on lack of cleanliness, and this is the one area where B&B San Lorenzo could improve (especially the showers). A fresh coat of paint on the wall would do wonders! That being said, we will definitely stay here again if we visit Florence. You cannot beat the location and the price!

Room Tip: The restaurant just outside the door, Trattoria San Lorenzo, is excellent. Also, make sure you go t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at B&B San Lorenzo in March 2012 for 2 nights (and I had stayed with a friend for 2 nights a few year ago). Our room was cozy, but we had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. There is virtually no outside noise, so it was nice to be able to get a good night's sleep, and everything is just outside the door. There are amazing restaurants within 5 min. of every direction and it doesn't take long to walk from the train station. Wifi was included, which was extremely helpful when I came down with an illness and needed to find an English speaking doctor!

Our host was helpful and welcoming when we arrived; however, he wasn't around so much while we were there (which for us was okay since we're fairly independent). Breakfast was packaged food (and arrived 20 min. after our requested time). Although it's nice to have breakfast included, in some ways it would be nice to experience the cafe scene in the morning.

All and all, we enjoyed our stay and plan to stay at B&B San Lorenzo for another 3 nights this summer!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I booked this B&B for a three night stay in Florance in Sep 2011. We were just shocked by dirtiness of our room and bathroom. Private bathroom was external to our room and we didn't even took a shower as the bathroom was so dirty. The pictures of the B&B in the website are far from reality.
We arrived in the evening and had no option but to stay for the first night. We left the next morning to another hotel (not much more expensive than this B&B but super clean).
The owner/manager was rude and greedy and charged us for the whole three nights. We just paid and left as it was better than ruining our trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leila T T

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed at B & B San Lorenzo in Florence on July 3-4, 2012. The owner, Lodo, was wonderfully helpful in telling us about the city, helping us make plans for a local guide, suggesting smaller sites that were easier to access and just as fantastic as the "big names," and telling us about good restaurants. The lasagne in the Tratorria right below his apartments is amazing. We recommend staying here!

Room Tip: We had a room with a private shower/toilet down the hall. The shower and toilet were in the exact s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kaunas, Lithuania
Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you're a picky traveler than I would have to recommend finding something else. This b&b was one the cheaper options, the main reason we chose it. It has flaws - a bit hard to find without any big sign, tricky to check-in (took me a while to realise I had to ring a bell on the kitchen counter for the manager to come) and I didn't feel particularly safe leaving my luggage in the kitchen, where pretty much anyone can come in. Also, my friend had a problem with the shower being so close to the toilet (I didn't mind though). Having said that, however, I wouldn't say that it's 'filthy'. It was quite clean and the breakfast was more than decent. It's close to the train station and I didn't have any complains about noise from piazza san lorenzo (it was however, a bit annoying being woken up quite early in the morning by someone talking in the kitchen. All in all, I think it's an OK hotel if you're looking for a place to spend the night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends