Ridolfi Guest House
Hotel Alessandra(Florence)(Great Value!)
$232
$217
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have little to add to the other reviews! I was told by my delightful and helpful host Eliseo that I should think of this place as home, and I certainly did. I attended a conference in Florence for 5 days and loved coming home to this place at the end of the day. (It's very close to the old fort that is now a conference center). The place was spotless, spacious, excellent bathroom (yeah you have to keep pressing the button for the shower to keep running and water pressure was not great, but at this price point it wouldn't be fair to hold that against the rating). Not previously mentioned, but valuable for me since I was in Florence for work, is the excellent, reliable high speed internet (better than the pricey hotels where my friends were staying). I heard traffic noise from my room and was worried it would keep me awake. Perhaps because I was so tired, it didn't bother me at all, but if you're a very light sleeper this might be important. And I guess it's a matter of taste, but I LOVED the coffee (disagree with another reviewer). When I got home I even ordered my own moka maker and a set of demitasse cups to keep the memory alive. Thank you Eliseo. Next time I'm in Florence I hope you'll have a place for me again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Athena7753
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Excellent value for money! Simple, clean and rather large room. The bathroom is wonderful, new, see attached photo. The hotel looks like real apartment because there is everything you need: stove, dishes, kettle, microwave, spoons, cups, tea, coffee, sink. Supermarket is opposite the street.Hotel is located just 7-minute walk from the railway station . There is no signs at the hotel, so you should look attentively at the buttons at the entrance. The owner Mr Eliseo
is a handsome young man, ready to provide any assistance. I asked him how I canvisit the Uffizi without a long queue and he immediately booked me the tickets by phone. Please do the same to avoid hudge queues and save time! The hotel is located on the second floor. But there is a lift, you do not have to carry your suitcase up the stairs. Eliseo will give you all keys.

Three little minuses
1.It is a little bit cold in the room ( I was on March 8.2013)
2.The shower constantly turns off every few minutes, it is necessary to press the button again. Having long hair is impossible to wash ........
3.Eliseo , this sort of coffee was not good. Do not buy it more please..... Please make the morning absolutely perfect next time we come!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Natalia S
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in Jan 2013. I must say this is the best B&B i've stayed during my 15days europe honeymoon.
Room was spacious and clean. Fresh breakfast was served in our room everyday. Thumbs up!

Our friendly host gave great tips on places to visit and where to eat good food.

Location is great too. Near to railway station and walking distance to many tourist attractions.

Will definitely recommend Ridolfi guesthouse to anyone visiting florence! :)

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank aarene
Reviewed February 4, 2013

A nice guest house, well-located! Prices are very reasonnable, the place is very clean.
Most importantly our host was really nice to us and gave us a bunch of very useful tips to make our week-end perfect :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SophBiz
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We've been there for a weekend and everything was just amazing. The B&B is close to the main attractions by walk, the room was clean and well furnished. We had great breakfasts directly in our room and good tips about restaurants and places to visit. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple