“Soggiorno Antica Torre - Close and comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Soggiorno Antica Torre

and 1 more site!
Ranked #203 of 653 Florence B&B and Inns
Florence
“Soggiorno Antica Torre - Close and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great stay in the middle of everything. Expect more of a B&B Experience with little in the way of services but you really don't need them as everything you could need is right outside. Also very affordable given the central location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Ryan T
AnticaTorre, Responsabile reception at Soggiorno Antica Torre, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear customer thank you very much for your words and your review. We appreciate the time you have dedicated to us. We are very little reception facility, only 6 rooms, and we are a B&B type. But we try to give to our guests the best help that we can. Our reception desk is open all morning and we can book museums, restaurants, Florence and Chianti (country side) tours, we have room service for breakfast (all morning without stop time), we have in the reception desk a computer and a printer available 24 hours for our guests. We offer free way WiFi connection. Also we staff are available for advice on what to visit in the city rather than where to find stores or supermarkets or other useful information.
I hope you can return soon in Florence so you can explore the city and enjoy its beauty. I hope I can help you for the next tour in florence.

Regards
Soggiorno Antica Torre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Serbian first
Kloten, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Soggiorno Antica Torre is located right in the center of the old town within walking distance to museums, restaurants and all the other attractions. Very clean and spacious rooms. We fully appreciated the excellent service and the friendly and helpful staff. We can highly recommend the Soggiorno Antica Torre.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Customer I'm Pamela, thank you very much for your review it was really appreciated! Our strong point is cleanliness. In fact, in the entire property having the parquet floor, we have an even greater care. We staff always try to help our guests so as to enjoy Florence even for a short stay..

Thank you for choosing our hotel, I hope to meet you again
Regards
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

More than you can dream! Just imagine: open the window and see Plazza della Signoria and Palazzo Vechio! Just around the corner (really, the corner), it is Pitti (yes, the museum).
Rooms are very clean! A wonderful family who cares for tourists! Pamela was every day smiling to us, and helping with advises for best visits in Florence. Our family spent a few days in June 2012, a dream holiday!
Yessss, oh yes, if God wants, one day we will knock again at the door of Soggiorno Antica Torre, if I'll be able to climb the stairs (not elevator up to the first floor)
Thanks from Montreal! We are sorry to late in writing, but we hope that you'll remember: never too late!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

FROM CANADA WITH THE BEST MEMORIES AND WISHES!!

RMDZ

Room Tip: Golden suite, facing the Plazza della Signoria. When you open the window... Never mind about the n...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Radu F
AnticaTorre, Responsabile reception at Soggiorno Antica Torre, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hello I am Pamela, of course I remember you! More family friendly and a beautiful house in Canada (remember through Google Maps?). I am very glad that you did this review, you have been very kind and very generous in the description of our B & B, unfortunately you are right the lift does not reach the ground floor but it will take 30 steps to reach it. The building where Antica Torre is located was built in 800 AD (not in 1800 but in 800!) and so it was very difficult to modernize it with a lift. I am glad to have been of help for your visit of Florence and of course, that you can return. Rather I can not wait to see you all three together! I also hope one day I can come and visit you in Canada and enjoy the beautiful city in which you live. A greeting and a hug from Florence.
Lyon, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Soggiorno Antica Torre is a hotel literally on what I believe is the most beautiful piazza in Florence. The family that run the hotel speak very good english, put in alot of extra effort and are just an incredibly nice Italian Family. I would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to stay in Firenze. Rooms are spacious, clean and have a real old world luxurious feel. The suite is especially great with a view of the piazza. 5 stars!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Tom H
AnticaTorre, Responsabile reception at Soggiorno Antica Torre, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear customer, we are very happy with your wonderful review, we can only be satisfied when we can make your stay special for our customers. We always try to provide our guests the sensation of entering into an Italian family, so you can appreciate our customs and traditions. This kind of accommodation is a unique thing that can only be found in B & B family run, like ours. However, we do not fail in our rooms clean, attention to detail and decor in keeping with the style of Florence.
I hope to meet you soon and to get to know your brother.
A hug from Pamela & Costanza.
Naples, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

You can't be the location or the hospitality. The rooms do look dated but you're not in Florence to enjoy a super fancy hotel room; the room was comfortable and there was plenty of space for two plus a baby. Because you're in the heart of the city it's so easy to spend a few hours walking around and seeing the sights, return for a quick nap, and head back out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Alex L
Dear guest thank you for appreciating our strategic position in the historical center and the opportunity to enjoy moments of relax backing in a few minutes to own room. This is very useful for families with children. Most of our furniture is original from the early 1900s and the hotel is entirely decorated in Renaissance style, in keeping with the city, being Florence the cradle of Renaissance.
I hope to welcome back your family very soon. Thank you for choosing Soggiorno Antica Torre
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

The first thing to know about Soggiorno Antica Torre is that it is NOT a hotel like you’d be expecting. There is no sign on the door from the street, no lobby, no concierge, etc. It is essentially a 6-bedroom apartment, and they rent out the rooms – so you really get a feeling that you’re staying in someone’s house. Another important piece of information is that it is NOT handicapped-accessible. There are 31 steps from street level before reaching an elevator. This was not a problem for me, but it’s good to know. Now the details:

The Good:
The small feel was really nice and comfortable. Pamela and Costanza, Soggiorno’s two employees, are both extremely nice and very helpful. They provide recommendations of restaurants and tours, and will call to book dinners, activities, etc. for you. We had inquired about a day trip to Cinque Terre, and they researched train times for us. The location, right on the Piazza del Signora, could not be beat - we were two minutes from the Duomo and San Lorenzo's, and five minutes from the Ponte Vecchio.

The Bad:
Pamela and Costanza are only there until 1 PM. Anything you want done or need after 1 PM must wait until the following day. Not all of their information is up-to-date (for example, they arranged for me and my husband to get tickets at the Galleria dell’Accademia and told us it was 6.50 euros per ticket, but when we got there it was actually 11 euros per ticket. The price difference wouldn’t have stopped us from going, but it needed to be paid in cash, and if we hadn’t had the right amount on us, it would have been a problem, so having the correct information would be helpful). The bells of the church in the Piazza ring every hour (even throughout the night) and can be heard from the rooms. WiFi did not work from our bedroom, so we had to use the “living room” area for computer access. Towels are changed only every 3 days. Also, more of an FYI, they have actual keys (not a credit card key) to get into the door from the street, into the apartment, and a third skeleton key to get into the room - you have to lock the door from inside the room with a key, which I thought could be a bit of a safety hazard, if you were in a rush to leave the room in the middle of the night!

The Ugly:
We had a bit of a problem on our last morning in Florence that, unfortunately, changed my review of the Soggiorno Antica Torre. Check-out is at 10:30, and we needed to leave at 10:30 anyway to catch a train to Venice. At 10 AM, my husband and I decided to go for a final brief walk around the Piazza. There was an elderly Italian man who was with Pamela and Costanza every morning but was never introduced to us and did not speak English. As we were leaving for our walk, he came running after us tapping his watch, and he asked us to take our things out of the room so they could clean it. I explained that we had use of the room until 10:30, and we would be back in time, but he was insistent. I begrudgingly took my suitcases out of the room, and when I asked if he would keep an eye on them for me while we were out, he said, “I don’t understand, I don’t speak English.” So basically the ONLY English he knew was to tell us to get out of our room early. I did not feel comfortable leaving my bags unattended, and since we were paying for the room until 10:30, we had every right to leave our bags there. When we came back to check-out, we found out that we had been charged for towels, since they had ended up changing some of our towels daily. This was just salt on the wound at that point. I told them that we should have been notified about that, and Costanza said that that information was included in the initial paperwork I received when I booked. When I went back to look, I did see it there, but the English translation was poor, and so I hadn’t understood. In any case, it also said on that paperwork that check-out time was at 10:30 – if they were going “by the book” about the towels, then they should have gone “by the book” about our check-out time.

Until the last morning, we really had had a nice stay. I did find that I missed the true hotel feel and that I missed having people around at all hours.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Elwayeye
Gibraltar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

If you're looking for modern hotel stop now.

The Antica Torre is an historical building that is so close to the Uffizi you can almost roll out of bed to the queue. This is a bed and breakfast where the breakfast is optional. There are many places to eat breakfast on your doorstep as are all the main museums, fabulous restaurants, the Ponte Vecchio, the Duomo and fabulous boutique and designer shops.

If you want to be central without having to walk miles then you have to stay here. The rooms are huge and the bathrooms have a bath as well as a shower. There are loads of helpful tourist leaflets and as well as free wifi access there is a guest PC and printer free of charge in the reception. Costanza was on duty during our stay and couldn't have been more helpful with helping with restaurant recommendations and other local info.

I cannot think of a better place to stay for visiting Florence if your aim is to see as much as possible. There are so many fabulous places to eat that it is not even worth paying extra for breakfast and evening meal in your hotel. Try the Coquinarius restaurant, for the best welcome, the best food at reasonable prices, great choice of wines and just the friendliest service.

Thanks Costanza, you are fabulous and we will be recommending the Antica Torre to everyone we know x

Room Tip: Try to reserve a room on the front. We had the Blue Room which faced an internal courtyard, there is...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AndrewKimberley
AnticaTorre, Responsabile reception at Soggiorno Antica Torre, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear guests,
I'm Costanza, thanks for your beautiful words, for me it's a great pleasure to know to be helpful in recommendations for restaurants and local info that you liked. It's very important for all staff, to ensure that the stay of our guests become something special and unforgettable.
One of our strengths is our own closeness to all the major attractions of Florence museums, monuments and the beautiful boutique.
Close to us is full of great restaurants (thanks for the advice about the Coquinarius, I didn't know, but I'll try as soon as possible to be able to suggest to our guests) and delicious bar where you can have breakfast, but if you want to, we can serve in-room breakfast, at a reasonable price.
In the lobby and in the rooms there is free WiFi, but if our customers do not have their smartphone or tablet, we have made available in the lobby a PC, a printer and a telephone, that they can use freely.
I don't know how to thank you for your beautiful words about our Hotel and for your quick review.
It was a great pleasure to have you as a guests and I hope to meet you again soon in Florence.

A big hug from me, Pamela and Fabrizio