“GREAT CHOICE!!!Totally changed our Firenze experience!!”

Soggiorno Antica Torre
Ranked #192 of 675 Florence B&B and Inns
“GREAT CHOICE!!!Totally changed our Firenze experience!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

It was a great choice. The location was the best one could ask for. The service and the staff are just so lovely. Pamela is the owner and she is super helpful. I just can't put it in words how great this place is. Me, my mom and my sister stayed in the golden room with great view to the plaza and there is not One single day after that trip that we don't say something about our experience in Florence.

• Stayed June 2012
AnticaTorre, Responsabile reception at Soggiorno Antica Torre, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
It's wonderful to hear from you! I hope that your family and you are well! Thank you very much for your review and your amazing words about us and our service. You were so kind, your sister and you remain in my heart, I want thank you again for your beautiful gift, your scarf was been very useful and beautiful for my holyday nights! :-D
I hope to see you again and meeting for a chat.
Regards
Pamela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Serbian first
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We spent four days at the Antica Torre (red room) and loved it. The location was exceptional, the rooms were immaculate and spacious, and Pamela and Constanza couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Although some reviews complain about no staff after noon, this really wasn't a problem - it made it feel more like staying in an apartment in the heart of Florence. It was very hot the days we were there, so we used our room as hub that we could come back to and cool off before heading out again - did I mention the location was exceptional? The waiters at the cafes on the piazza greeted us with "buongiorno, neighbors" adding to the feeling of truly living in Florence, if only for a short while.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear customer,
I'm Pamela, thank you very much for your review and in particulary to specify that you didn't find any kind of problem about our reception open desk (that is from 8am to 1pm). Soggiorno Antica Torre is a B&B for this reason we need not to have a 24 hours reception open desk, in any case our customers can check-in at what time they want because we have an electronic safe system (with pesonal codes and automatic opening front door) that give the access to the building and to the rooms. Otherwise we're reaching by phone all day and we specify all phone numbers through Confirming Voucher and on our website. For the reason that we are in the heart of downtown you can use your room as a good home base for too hot or too cold and for your shopping deposite! :-)).
We have a friendly relation with our neighbors that are three restaurants and one cafeteria, for this reason they are very kind with our customers and thus the set of friendly neighbors and home atmosphere in our B&B give the beautiful feeling to be Florentine, this is really important and unique sensation that you can find only in Soggiorno Antica Torre!!!
I hope to meet you again soon!
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed July 13, 2012

A girl's getaway was just perfect spent staying at Soggornio Antica in June 2012.
We could not have wished for a better position from which to enjoy the Delights of Florence.
The ancient marble stairs were a surprise after days of travelling but we just made them part of the experience. Our pink room was lovely and spacious with huge windows. Very comfortable. A real home away from home. Internet connectivity was excellent! The staff were really helpful in organising for us to visit the Chianti region on a tour. I have already recommended the B&B to friends and truly hope to visit again. Thank-you Pamela and Constanza. From Jenny and Carrie

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
AnticaTorre, Responsabile reception at Soggiorno Antica Torre, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Jenny and Carrie,
I'm Pamela, sorry for my late answer I'm very happy for your review and recommended us to your friends. Our position in the heart of Florence downtown is really important and help all our customers to enjoy our city, you can reach all monuments and main museums by walking. Our building is an ancient construction (800 a.c) and so 30 marble steps unfortunately were necessary to reach the elevator because at the moment of renovation we weren't able to change the architecture of the building. Elevator bring you at our floor and then all our rooms are on the same level.
The Pink room and all other are very spacious and bright, all with private bathrooms. Our goal for all our customers is to give a warm welcome and the feeling to get home! This is importan t for me because our B&B was been my family home where born my father. Otherwise we offer professional suggestions and reservations to enjoy museums, city and countryside.
Thank you again for your words I hope to meet you again.
Köln
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My stay in the Green Room was wonderful. The room was spacious, charming and very clean. The central location in the heart of the city allowed for walking to all the major sites including the Uffizi museum. My hosts Fabrizio, his daughter Pamela and her assistant Constanza were all very welcoming. I am so looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Responsabile reception at Soggiorno Antica Torre, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear Tracie,
Pamela & Costanza are writing you and thank you for your wonderful review. The central position of our B&B is a pride among other qualities. We're very happy that we were helpful for your travel in Florence. Pamela wants thank you for appreciating our family and building history, these two things make us unique and give us the possibility of hosting in a warm atmosphere.
We hope that you could give us the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Greetings from Florence
Fabrizio, Pamela, Costanza
Pisa, Toscana, Italy
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We are ten members (10 pax) of a municipal band coming to Florence for a concert set up by the City Council.
We had a booking at "Soggiorno Antica Torre" - we left a valid credit card details etc., but on the day of our arrival a receptionist called us to advice they have sold our place to someone else who booked through venere.com.
We had to beg them to help us but they make no effort or nearly so.
In the end, we talked to someone who guessed to be the owner of the hotel and fired us up literally hanging down the line this way:

"I don't give a [--]! [--]! I have too many good reviews, [--] you off!"

leaving us alone on the hot street (33° C - 91.4° F) without any advice, nowhere to go and any chance to reply.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ippolito M
Salve sono Fabrizio Quercioli il proprietario del Soggiorno Antica Torre.
In riscontro alla sua recensione su Trip Advisor, teniamo a precisare che la sua richiesta telefonica, intercorsa con il nostro personale il 21 Giugno alle ore 14:30, era di ospitare 10 persone.
Poi nella mail di prenotazione successiva, inviataci da Antonio Marchetti il 21 Giugno alle ore 15:53 a suo nome, si faceva richiesta solo di una camera doppia.
Di conseguenza non abbiamo provveduto ad inviarvi il relativo Voucher di conferma, in quanto la sua richiesta di una CAMERA DOPPIA PER 10 PERSONE non era accettabile per legge, perchè non abbiamo camere idonee ad ospitare tale numero di persone. Quindi il vostro reclamo e le vostre rimostranze sono chiaramente prive di fondamento.
Cordiali Saluti.

Hello, I’m Fabrizio Quercioli the owner of Soggiorno Antica Torre.
about your review on Trip Advisor, I want to clarify that your phone request, exchanged with our Staff on June 21st at 2:30pm, was to accommodate 10 people.
Then in subsequent reservation mail, sent to us by Antonio Marchetti on June 21st at 3:53pm on your behalf, it was requested only one room double use.
Therefore we haven’t provided to sent you the corresponding Confirming Voucher, because your request of a DOUBLE ROOM FOR 10 PEOPLE wasn’t acceptable to the law, since we don’t have rooms suitable for accommodate this number of people.
Thus your claim and your remonstrance are clearly unfounded.
Best Regards
Rincon de Guayabitos, Mexico
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Yep. Thirty-one steps before you get to the elevator -- which is tiny and takes you up just one more floor to the hotel itself, a single floor in one big building. If you are traveling light, this place is ideal. If not, it still may be worth it. I had my doubts at first, but getting to know Constanza and Pamela changed my mind.

My friend and I spent seven nights in the Golden Suite, a VAST expanse of hotel space with three big windows that opened out onto the Piazza Signoria. We looked directly down on the Cafe Rivoire and up the Via de Calzaiuoli to the Campanile of the Duomo. The Uffizi Gallery was just around the corner, and spread out below and to our right was all the action that unfolded daily and nightly around the Palazzo Vecchio, the signature landmark of Florence. One night there was a concert by a Philharmonic orchestra celebrating Italy's national day of ... I guess becoming Italy! Oddly enough, the program featured a lot of George Gershwin. I didn't get the connection, but other nights we got the strains of traditional melt in your ears and stick in your head Tuscan melodies played for (and paid for by) the patrons of the sidewalk cafes below.

I did get a chance to peak at the other rooms, one almost as big as the Golden Suite. They were all very nice, and actually much quieter than the Golden. They also were closer to the internet router. My friend and I had to hang out in the reception area to get on line.

This is a family-run hotel. The young women in charge are mothers. They arrive at 8 and stay till one in the afternoon. After that, the place belongs entirely to the guests. You let yourself in with codes and keys. When you make a reservation and plan to arrive after one o'clock (and who doesn't?) they email you instructions for getting in. It can be daunting when you first arrive, especially if you've been propping up the economy of the entire eastern Mediterranean on a 27 day cruise and have the baggage to prove it. But after you find the modest front door, climb those steps (ten and a landing, ten and a landing, five and a landing, turn a corner and go six more, turn the corner to find the elevator) and finally gain access, all you have to think about is enjoying Florence...and eventually getting all your stuff back down. Not to worry. When Pamela and Constanza and Dad (he was born in the pink room at the back) arrive in the morning, they are over the top helpful. One thing, you get a lot of privacy!

1 Thank SusanJCobb
, Responsabile reception at Soggiorno Antica Torre, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Hello Mrs Susan, I'm Pamela what a pleasure to hear from you and thank you very much for your very long and detailed review! I would like specify that the 30 steps were been necessary kept at the moment of the works because our building was of 800a.c. years old and for this reason it wasn't possible to modify the internal architecture of so ancient building! So we're very lucky that we could put in an elevator though it is quite little.
On the other hand the ancient tower, that was our building and the historical atmosphere that you feel when you're in our B&B make us so unique.
In any case I thank you for your words of appreciation and for your suggestions. I hope to see you and your friend soon! In these that you stay in our B&B you were so kind and it was so beautiful to spend some hours in the morning to talk with you.
Regards and kisses from all staff
Pamela, Costanza & Fabrizio
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My best friend and I recently returned from a stay at the Soggiorno Antica Torre. We stayed in the blue room and found it to be very spacious and clean. Pamela and Costanza were amazing hosts who had great recommendations for restaurants and everything else we could need. The location was perfect and I can only hope we can return soon to stay there again!

Room Tip: The blue room has LOTS of extra room! Like some of the reviews mention, it can be a bit noisy with...