“Feedback on my hotel stays”

Villino Il Magnifico
Ranked #288 of 656 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 28, 2013

A cozy hotel, very helpful staff. Convenient месторасположение.Спокойный district, near the center. Clean rooms and daily cleaning. A delicious breakfast. Good value for money.The room has Air Conditioning, hair dryer. Throughout the hotel operates a free internet.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
There are newer reviews for Villino Il Magnifico

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I needed a spot near the old town, a place to park a car, wi fi and price wise: 80 euros per night.

For that price, I got a good location, a 15min walk to uffizi gallery, a quiet street, a parking inside the gate. A big room and a big bed.

What I didn't get was hot water, no shower head, futile towels and a breakfast not to be touched, cakes were stale, coffee was bitter and it was best to just give it a skip.

Bit in between as to wether I would advise the hotel as there wasn't much else in that price range

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank gemine b
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were greeted by the owner who was very dashing in his suit. He gave us a map with information and showed us to a spacious double room. I really liked the Italian decor.

I noticed a couple of reviews referring to flooding of the bathroom. We had no problems with flooding, the bathroom was great - very modern.

Breakfast was set out in a wonderful breakfast room. There was a good selection of food. We thought the location was perfect as we didn't want to be amidst the hustle and bustle of the centre. Enjoyed the walks in by the Arno river. It was only a 15 minute walk.

In the evenings we went to some excellent restaurants close by. We had a wonderful time and would recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor. We had a nice view onto the street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

One of the cleanest places I ever stayed in, in this aspect challenges even 5 star hotels.
Excellent bed - I now plan to replace the mattress at home.
Very friendly owners.
Takes 10 minutes walk to the historic center.
The only problem was the lack of glass wall or any other barrier in the bath to block the water flowing out, so you have to be very carefull not to flood the whole floor of the bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank IGAL111
Reviewed July 12, 2012

very nice b and b which was very clean and rustic had free air con which was very needed great location within walking distance of florence good secure parking for our motorcycles very friendly owners and breakfast had a good choice which you helped yourself to would recommend linda dave and gaz england

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bandit1200_8
Reviewed April 22, 2012

First time I stayed there it was wonderful. Returned last November----it had been taken over by new people and it was terrible. My shower flooded the floor and I attempted to mop it up with bath towels. They left me a note stating they only brought fresh towels twice a week and if I used more that that I would be charged $20.00 American dollars. I was so insulted and furious I moved!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Joey W
evavio, Responsabile reception at Villino Il Magnifico, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Guest,
first of all let us tell you we are deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your staying at Villino il Magnifico.
If you only had told us about your problem, we would have absolutely tried to solve it, moving you to another room if needed.
Each of our rooms is provided with a list of our B&B services and customes, which includes towels and linen details; since Villino il Magnifico is a B&B and not a 4 stars hotel, towels are usually changed after 3 days of usage.
In the note we left you, we just advised that if a daily towel change was needed, a little extra had to be expelted, no dollars amount was specified.
Again our apologies, though we don't think we were insulting, nor aggressive towards you.
Maybe a little more of communication would have prevented this unpleasant situation, which spoiled your staying and makes us so sorry.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

Fairly central, Florence city centre can easily be reached on foot or by bus. Free internet, clean, spacious, quiet. Some restaurants close by. Good breakfast and friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo