“Spacious and Convenient Location”

Residence La Contessina
Ranked #65 of 411 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 4, 2010

After rooming in several tiny hotels, this hotel was a welcome change. It was huge! There was a kitchenette (use of it costs extra). a big bathroom, a dining area and a flat-screen tv. The breakfast was okay. We wished they had better coffee and deli. The staff was friendly and accommodating. It's very close to the train station and bus stops. Would stay here again, definitely.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed November 21, 2009

I stayed at this location through my timeshare company. The hotel is about 2 blocks from the main train station, so it is very convenient to train travelers.

Our room was basically a 1 bedroom loft. The hotel charges extra for use of the kitchen (which I think is a little hokey). But it is a very nice place and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast is included. The breakfast is OK. Certainly better than trying to find somewhere in Florence to eat.

I definitely would stay here again (and Florence is beautiful!)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rakurz
Reviewed August 24, 2009

This 3 level apartment was very clean and spacious. As you walk into the apartment into the foyer area there was the bathroom to your right. Then there was a 4 to 5 steps stair to get to the next level, which is where your living room with a pull out sofa bed and the kitchen. If you use the kitchen, there will be an additional charge, which I think was 25 euro per night. We did not use it except the refrigerator. The upper level is what I call a loft that is where the bedroom is located. There is a computer in the apartment, but I believe there is a charge to use the internet. We only use it to charge our iPod and camera since I only brought one electricity converter adapter. So, it was very convenient to charge multiple devices. There was supposed to be a safe, which I did not find until my last day. I would have asked, but I did not need it. The safe is located behind one of the pictures hanging on the wall. My only complaint is that the shower was very small even for a small person like me.

This place was very convenient to the train station and not too far from all the attractions and there were plenty of restaurant and shops. One of the reasons we picked this place was because it was so close to the train station since we wanted to visit Pisa and we arrived by train from Rome. So, it was very convenient. We were provided with breakfast every morning, which was nice. That way we could start our sightseeing without wasting time looking for breakfast. Once you are seated, the lady will bring a basket of packaged danishes, crackers, and jam. Other breakfast items are toast, cereal, yogurt, orange juice and all types of coffees.

The front desk service was fantastic and very friendly. When you leave the apartment, you would leave your key with them and pick it up when you come back. This was a good and bad thing. The key chain for the key was pretty big and bulky to carry around. So leaving it with the front desk was a good thing. The bad thing is that I have kids that constantly forget something in the room right after we leave the key at the front desk. I felt bad to keep interrupting the front desk to get my key.

Overall, our experience with this apartment was very positive.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank nhumbc
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We all had a great time when we stayed here.Good location,tranquil surroundings.I think the cost of using the kitchen should be included in the total price as mostguests will use the facilities,25Euros is no big deal!Breakfast was more than adequate.Quando posso ritornare!Holly,14

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2009

I stayed in this residence for just over a year on work. Most of the time, I had my family with two kids with me. The residence is at a great location bang in the centre of the city and most of the tourist spots are walking distance from the residence. It is also close to the railway and bus station which makes mobility very easy. The owner of the residence is Mr. Pelagotti who is a great host and he and his family makes each and everyone feel at home. It is quite a spacious place compared to Florence standards and you have a option to cook if need be. Four persons can easily stay in this place with a king side bed on mezannine floor and a sofa cum bed in the living floor below. The only disadvantage is that breakfast choice is very limited and most of the stuff you get is packed food from the grocery store. But since the hotel is bang in the centre of the city, there is plenty of choice to eat just outside. I would definitely stay there during my next stay as I enjoyed my one year stay with the Pelagottis! Thanks again.....

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 23, 2008

We stayed here for a week and really thought that it was great value. Plenty of room, clean and three level (bedroom at top).

Probaby wouldnt be too good for the elderly with the three level but great for us. Really close to lots of top restaurants, and it was like walking into a quiet oasis after the hustle and bustle of Florence. Lovely courtyard with olive trees and outdoor settings.

Loved the breakfasts, internet access and room service each day. It was right up there for value in Italy and friends of ours just up the road, shared a room (very pokey hotel type room) and paid similar price to us.
Liked the staff, who were helpful. and obliging.

Great place we thought and I am very fussy.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed April 22, 2008

My sister and I stayed here for a week. We were very impressed with the two-level room. It was comfortable and the kitchen was well worth the 25 Euros to use. The family and other staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and always willing to share tidbits about Florence and they gave wonderful recommendations for restaurants. The only downfall was that the shutters on the outside windows (not thse to the hotel courtyard) did not open, which made the room dark. But understanding it is for safety, it was ok. We only ate breakfast a couple of times. Its not a typical North American continental and shouldn't be expected to be such. There was some choice of biscuits, cookies, toast and juice. Overall, a wonderful hotel, awesome location and great service. A definite gem in a beautiful city.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)