“Just EXCELLENT guest house!!”
Review of Locanda Gallo

Locanda Gallo
Ranked #488 of 649 Florence B&B and Inns
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Just EXCELLENT guest house!!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were 9 people attending a wedding in Florence and we stayed in 3 rooms in Locanda gallo guest house. The place was wonderful !!! Rooms were very big and absolutely clean. The location can't get better cause you are just 5 min. walking distance from the Duomo but at the same time in a quiet and relaxed street. But the best of all was the hospitality and nice attitude of the Italian girl (really sorry I forgot her name) that welcomed us. She was extremely helpful in whatever we needed! Thank you very much for that! Anyone who chooses this place I think will definitely enjoy his time in Firenze! Cheers!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My boyfriend and i stayed for two nights and the hospitality was great. CAROLINA welcomed us and she was very friendly and helpful. All the staff very nice and willing to assist you. The location is also great, its about 10-15 min walk from everything. Excellent location and will definitely go back there, i will definitely recommend this place. Lee-ann(south africa)

• Stayed September 2012
Florence, Italy
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed at Locanda Gallo one night before checking into my study abroad program the next morning. The owner, Carolina, picked me up at the airport and completely took care of me on my first night in a new city on my own. She made sure I knew everything I needed to know to get around the city, and I immediately felt so comfortable! I am so glad I stayed here as opposed to a hotel or hostel that would not have helped me in such a friendly was as she did. It was also very affordable. The accommodations were very nice- just as adorable as the pictures! Ideal location for a reasonable price. I would recommend being sure you know how to get there- it could be a bit confusing to find your way up the stairs to the guesthouse. Overall, I would recommend to anyone and would stay there again. Carolina provides great hospitality and keeps a wonderful guesthouse! thanks, Carolina! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My fiancee and I arrived in Firenze, on a whim to meet up with a friend but we had no place to stay. Many hotels were booked full and very expensive but we ended up coming across a hotel that suggested Locanda Gallo. We called their phone number (since it was late in the day and registration was not open). The owners quickly arrived to meet us there, tidy up the room and show us around.

I never got their names (my mistake) but the woman was very nice and spoke English very well. The room was very clean and "cute" and it was a short walk to anywhere in the city. The air conditioning was cold, there was free wifi and the room had a hair dryer and TV.

One night, I saw the owner on the street and we talked for a bit. She was very helpful in suggesting a good place to eat named "Mostodolce" as well as a pub near our room. Mostodolce was great and had excellent local beer. We went back to Mostodolce many times before we left.

When it came time to check out (we had to leave very early in the morning) the owners were very accommodating and let us leave the money in the room.

It helps to have a phone if you plan on staying here in order to keep in contact with the owners.

Next time I need a place to stay in Firenze, I will definitely be back to Locanda Gallo. The rooms were great and the owners were very helpful. A great place to stay for a couple on a budget!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alexander G
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Me and me girlfriend booked a night at Locanda Gallo at June 2012.

The staff was very helpful and welcoming, especially after finding out that my wallet was stolen, they assist us with getting to the police station and made sure that were ok.

The hotel itself is very clean and neat, though the rooms are quite small, they're very well maintained and equipped with a double bed, a small (but well equipped) kitchen, which can save you allot of money, a T.V set and shower (which was also very clean, and came with clean towels).

The most important thing! the hotel has a free Wi-Fi which is great!

The location of the hotel is about 15 min walk from the Santa maria novella station. which can be a drag for some people, up to you.

For conclusion, i would defiantly recommend this hotel as a cool little place to stay in while you're in Florence.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liran H
LocGal, Manager at Locanda Gallo, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Hello ..
Thanks for your review! We have just taken over this structure (June 10, 2012) and your opinions are very important for us. We hope you can disprove the reviews of the old management. It will be a pleasure to welcome you and guide you to discover Florence.

Carolina & Raffaele.
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed March 22, 2012

On our recent vacation my wife and I rented a car in Florence to drive around Tuscany.
Since it is close to impossible to find parking in Florence we planned on staying on our last night on the outskirts of the city, then drive into Florence in the morning to turn in the car early before continuing our trip. We found Locanda Gallo to be an excellent choice for that purpose: it is only minutes away from Florence, the room was quite comfortable, and the inn keeper is quite a hospitable person. We did not eat at the restaurant on the ground floor, but we noticed that it was full of local patrons for which we suspect it offers good value. The breakfast was a typical Florentine cappucino and cornetto fare. A word of warning: the road sign announces the locanda as being located "2 km.away" (from the sign post) while actually the hotel is located a bit farther away, which caused us to spend over an hour driving around back and forth on the road searching for it. We highly recommend Locanda Gallo for what it is: a convient, good but unpretentious stay in the outskirts of Florence.

Room Tip: Even though the locanda sits right on the strada we have no problem with traffic noise during the ni...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scotty1954
Florence, Italy
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We booked a 10 day stay with Locanda Gallo and when we arrive at the door they sent us to their sister B&B Sette Angeli, a newly renovated collection of apartments. We showed up and they sent us several blocks away to the second location in what is, unfortunately, not a very safe area of Florence. I have lived in florence before for several months in the past.

I have been traveling to Florence for 6 years and, as a PhD student, have been to many B&Bs and hotels all over. This was by far the worst experience, I'm sorry to say. For those of you who can't read Italian, the other bad reviews are very accurate. They NEVER cleaned the room in 10 days of being here. There is no reception and the owners are difficult to get a hold of, even with an Italian cell phone. We called several times to at least get clean towels, but they never came. I found the linen closet unlocked fortunately and took two for the room. When we first arrived, we were told to wait 50 minutes on the street while the girl came to open the building for us. She is extremely rude and could care less about any suggestions you might make. Speaking fluent Italian in Italy gets you far, but not even that seemed to help alleviate the situation. The room is nice enough, but the floors were filthy and blackened our socks in the first 30 minutes. We couldn't break the reservation because we bought a last minute deal on Venere. We paid for a room with a kitchen and we have yet to receive it or be compensated for it. Also, for any women traveling alone, this is not the safest area of Florence. This ruined the rest of our stay and we've been through a lot and rarely mind most things. Absolutely nothing is included. The wifi is better on the first floor of the hotel, but rarely works on the second floor. This is more of a room for rent, but with a much higher price than renting an apt for a week.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels