Florence Room B&B
Hotel Alinari(Florence)
  • Room Service
Hotel Beatrice(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, location was close to train station so was convenient but felt the pictures advertised did not truly reflect the room we had. Room was small and in need of a makeover! Our room was not serviced on the Sunday and I had to request fresh towels. Breakfast served in the room, good cappuccino but very basic and could be improved enormously by at least serving fresh croissants not pre packed ones!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our experience with the person in charge was not what one would expect of a Hotel Manager I had spoken to him on the phone before our arrival and he did not even want to know what had gone wrong for us just continued to talk down to me & then had the cheek to say "meeting you I can see that you & your husband would be the type of people one could trust.'' My husband would have showed his business card to verify who he was that we are also here on business. Between the two of us we both had 2 credit cards each & Travel Money card. He then could not have cared less he said we didn't need to pay anything until we were leaving. While we were at reception a lady phoned and the conversation was very heated & loud, we are waiting to complete our check in. He virtually hangs up on her & says to her ''yóu are not listening to me Madam'' that he is hanging up on her now & will call her later.(All the time shouting at her)This experience was really not a nice one. The only other person we saw for the rest of the days there was a nice man who spoke very little English & could not answer any of our questions.. The bed was comfortable & the bed linen was very clean. The curtaining was sheer & so did not keep out any of the light, there were permanent side drapes that did not cover the window/doors. So we slept poorly & the balcony door lock had to be jiggled to make it close securely so felt uneasy. The shower was mouldy and if it hadn't been such a busy time with Cycling event happening I would have gladly moved somewhere else. The location is very good for the train & we had stayed in the same street in another hotel some years ago - what a shame we were not able to have a booking there.
Who ever this man is certainly no advertisement for Florence - we have holidayed in this city several times before and have always been treated with respect. In all my years of travelling especially in Italy we have never been treated in such a manner.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This b&B really has a good locantion, Close to the railwaystation and to all the fantastic sigths in the center of the city.. It is a small family-owned hotel with nice and personal service. Really special service, breakfast served in the room without extra charge!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rolf J
Reviewed January 22, 2013

To be completely upfront, I didn't stay here. I had a reservation made for this past weekend, and I was unable to travel. I did attempt to cancel through the travel site I booked with, but I now know the hotel didn't get the information. This review is about the interaction I had with a staff member.

He called me Saturday night to inquire as to why I didn't check in. When I informed him I was not coming, and attempted to cancel he informed me they didn't get the request and that it was not 5 days or more from the booking date so I owed 69E (one night). I said fine, take it from the debit card you have on file. He attempted and came back irrate and obnoxious!!

He said I gave a bad debit card for the booking, it wouldn't go through, he demanded I give him another card number and pay within a half hour he was calling the police!!! Serously??

I tried to explain to him that there must have been an error, I had just used the card and told him I would call him back after calling the bank. He then kept insisting I give him a new number or he would have no choice but to call the police. He then went even further and said by doing so, it could hamper me leaving the country!! I was so mad at that point that he wasn't listening to me trying to explain to him how I would fix it, I told him to call the police. He hung up on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bank put a hold on the card b/c the purchase attempt was in Italy. It was removed and they got their 69E that night!!!!

This employees behavior was uncalled for. Not only will I not be rebooking, I will be telling anyone who says they are planning on going to Florence to avoid this place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank AmersinItaly
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The hotel is 5min to the train station Santa Maria Novella, so if you are arriving in Florence by train you don't need to worry about how to get to the hotel. Besides that, you can get to all main attractions in the city by foot. The breakfast was nice, with fruits, and was served in the room. The room was large and very clean and the people were very friendly. Our room was close to a busy street, so at night and early morning there was some noise that bothered us a little. But the hotel is completely worth it and I recommend it! Tip: if you are trying to find a place nearby to eat at night, go to the opposite direction of the train station. There are more restaurants in that direction and the neighbourhood is better.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple