Ricardo, the owner, was charming, but he was unavailable most of the time and this B&B did not even meet 2star B&B standard! I would neither return nor recommend this place! Where do I begin?
1. Our standard room was lousy! I am not complaining that it had no scenic view, that it was on the street front side or that the building was old - all of this was totally okay with us, but a 1.2 m [4 ft.] wide old bed for 2 people in a tiny room with no bathroom was not enough for the price we paid!
2. Ricardo, the owner, was not available most of the time. We arrived at 11 a.m. on the first day. No one at the reception, not even at the front door! We had to wait on the street. No board, no message, not even a "post me"-memo saying "I'll be back soon" or "call me on my mobile, my number is...". If it weren't for 2 other guests who gave us Ricardo's mobile number, we could have waited for hours on the street.
3. We called Ricardo, who promised to come in 15 minutes time. He arrived late (only a few minutes), and, the truth be told, gave good advice on restaurants and switched our room with no extra cost (No big deal, since the bigger room was available and the "standard" room was substandard, even for a 2 star B&B). We had some laundry to wash, and told him we will be back in an hour or two, he promised to be in the office, but we was not. We called him on his mobile, again. He told us he went to have lunch (Which is totally okay, people need to eat, but a note would have been great!! I don't think it is appropiate to chase your host all the time!)
This scheme continued for our stay. Unavailibility and unreliablility......
We are not keen on luxury and try to stay at real people's places with a personal and local touch as oppose to multinational hotel chains. We were really diasappointed this time.
This place failed! A charming owner does not equal a good B&B!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Locanda de' Ciompi is the ideal choice for people who want to taste all Tuscan hospitality and live a pleasant, relaxing stay.This cosy B&B offers 5 romantic and comfortable rooms in the historical center of Florence, a few steps away from Santa Croce Cathedral. Its location is very convenient to reach in a few minutes all the main attractions: Uffizi Museum, Bargello, Duomo are less than 10 minutes walk, and the same for the Michelangelo's David at the Accademia Gallery. The main train station is 15 min. Walking.Locanda de Ciompi is situated in the most vibrant area of the city, with a lot of trattorias, genuine Florentine small restaurants and coffee shops. The famous antiques market (Mercatino delle pulci-Fleas Market) is just in front of the B&B, and you can taste the best typical Tuscan products at the Sant'Ambrogio Market, which is just fifty metres from the Locanda.The rooms are all soundproofed and decorated with natural materials, creating a warm and cosy atmosphere. The antique fornitures give a touch of elegance to the spaces.The young owner Lisa and father Alessio will be more than happy to offer a free reservation service for museums, theatres, and his suggestions about the best and more convenient restaurants in the city. The Italian breakfast is served at the Caffetteria just in front of the B&B. Free wi-fi connection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Locanda de' Ciompi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Locanda De` Ciompi Hotel Florence