“Perfect location”
Review of Residenza Giotto

Residenza Giotto
Ranked #131 of 657 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed 2 nights here. It was the perfect location for all the sights. I loved walking into the Piazza with the Duomo and eating breakfast on their terrace with the Duomo view was amazing as well. When we arrived there was an issue with our ac in the room we had but it was handled before we got back to the room after some sight seeing and they made sure it worked before we settled in. The elevator was a little creeky but worked fine. I saw reviews that this was hard to find, literally right next to the Gucci shop, not hard at all! Perfect little spot right in the heart of it all!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Absolutely the perfect place to stay in Florence! Would definitely stay here again if returning to Florence. The view from our room was amazing! Barbara and Sylvia were so lovely to work with. They helped provide a wonderful breakfast each morning. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We enjoyed 5 nights in Florence at this property and were so pleased about the quality of service we received, the central location of the hotel, the expansive Italian breakfast, and the overall value for our money. Silvia and Barbara were exceptionally friendly and helpful; I felt that they were part of our family. I will be recommending this B&B to anyone I know heading to Florence. It was fabulous!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I chose this hotel based upon its location. And it was perfect. Right in the middle of Florence around the corner from the Duomo. The staff was super great, helpful, knowledgeable, and very friendly. I will definitely stay here on my next trip!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at Residenza Giotto for 6 nights at the end of a 1 month visit in Italy. It was a perfect end to the trip. Our windows opened to a view of the Baptistry and Il Duomo. What a site! The B&B is located steps around the corner from the square of Santa Maria dei Fiori. It is minutes away from most anything in central Florence and a 10 minute walk from the train and bus stations.

Barbara and Silvia were absolutely wonderful. They were warm, welcoming and very helpful. They had recommendations for food, sites and other things, and made reservations when needed. The breakfast was not extensive but very adequate. Of course, fresh cappuccino every morning. The room was very clean and quite large. Air conditioning was available, and necessary. The bathroom was small but totally fine.

We highly recommend Residenza Giotto and would gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose on of the rooms with a view of the church.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I would say that the location, the terrace and the host Sylvia make this place fabulous! We stayed for 2 nights at the beginning of our trip. We arrived late afternoon on a Sunday and Sylvia met us at the b & b. Our luggage did not make the flight and Sylvia was instrumental over our 2 day stay making phone calls and even giving her personal phone number to the airlines to try to track down the luggage. I shudder to think how long it would have taken without her help. Thank you Sylvia(and yes I still have more questions....but now I can directly address them to the airlines!). The location was great--close to the train station and with a fabulous view of the Duomo. We were in a Duomo view room based on tripadvisor recommendations---it was fine...I wouldn't pay extra for that again. The terrace is open if you want to have a view. The breakfast was nothing really to write about....cheese, yogurt, bread, coffee, juice...it was fine. Everything was within walking distance and Sylvia made museum reservations for us in advance so we didn't have to stand in lines. I would definitely stay again and recommend to family/friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

As soon as we stepped in the door i realized I had left my passport at the airport...without hesitation Sylvia said she was headed that way and would pick it up for me. She and the rest of the staff were absolutely perfect. If you want a nice place, centrally located, with staff that make your feel like you are staying in their house, and a great breakfast, then this is the place. I had made my reservations well in advance so I got the best room with double doors that open to views of the Duomo and bell tower from our bed. It was perfect. Everything was within easy walking distance. Breakfast on the outside patio was unforgettable. If we go back, we will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Room with double doors to the Duomo.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple