“Good Choice”
Review of Pucci Suites

Pucci Suites
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florence
Pucci Suites
Ranked #623 of 675 Florence B&B and Inns
New Zealand
“Good Choice”
Reviewed June 18, 2006

I am a little disapointed at other reviews here as when we stayed we found it to be extremely good value for money. The rooms were beutifully designed and clean (this is not always a given) An excellent bed, probably the best in our 2.5 months of travel. A huge unexpected bonus was the little fold away kitchen. The room was warm and we were able to adjust the heating within our room. Breakfast was outstanding, even the coffee was great!

The front staff were a little aloof but this was something we recognised as normal when traveling through Italy. We found if we made a little effort they warmed quite well.

The only down side was the walk into Florence, as it was a good 10/15mins to the river.

An excellent choice and a asolute bargain at 80 euros a night!

• Stayed April 2006

Solo
Business
Chester, Cheshire
Reviewed January 19, 2006

We were greeted with the words 'you are lucky getting the room at this price, it should have been twice the price, I made a mistake'. She explained there was a fashion show on in Florance that week and she could have charged whatever price she wanted as rooms were being snapped up. We were made to feel unwelcome. She was efficient giving us a map of Florence and taking payment, but she gave the feeling we should feel priviledged to be staying at her property.

The room was on three levels, all extremely cold. The heaters were absolutely useless and sounded as though a hurricane was blowing in the room. So we spent two sleepless cold nights.

We will never return.

• Stayed January 2006
3 Thank petemc

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 30, 2005

My girlfriend and I booked the Pucci Suites for 3 nights in late October and were totally un-impressed. The room was large and clean, but despite it being cold (about 12-14°C during the day) and raining, the room was incredibly hot and humid. For some reason, the air conditioners would not work so we had to sleep with the windows open, which created the terrible problem of being awoken in the middle of the night with an infestation of mosquitoes. There were literally 16 mosquitoes in the room (I counted each one after killing them all in the morning), leaving the two of us with a combined 37 bites over our bodies and faces!

The problem was made even worse when I approached the desk to explain what had happened and ask why the air conditioners in our room would not work. I was told “the air conditioners are centrally controlled and have all been switched over to operate as heaters.” Instead of trying to apologise for the extreme heat in our room or move us to a cooler location, the lady then stated “all of our guests want them to operate as heaters so I won’t switch them back to cooling.” I did not believe this, as given the extreme heat of our room, others must have been very hot also. It was most likely a cost saving exercise and why the air conditioners were centrally controlled was also beyond me.

My totally unsatisfactory experience at the Pucci Suites was cemented when on our second day I was called by my mother to say she had just badly broken her wrist whilst in Rome. She required surgery so I had to leave Florence to go and be with her. I informed the front desk of this situation in the afternoon but was still made to pay the full price for the following two nights of our booking.

In a way, I must admit to being glad to leave this place. There was no way I would have got any sleep and would have ended up having a huge confrontation with the front desk.

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
austin, texas
Reviewed July 3, 2005

We spent four nights at the Pucci Suites. We had originally been booked at their other property Residenza dei Pucci, but had to be moved at the last minute. At first I was concerned since the Suites were south of the Arno in the Oltrarno part of Florence. Any reservations we had quickly went away. Lucia at the desk was very helpful and made reservations at dining establishments for us. The room was very clean and well appointed. We had three levels, a small dining area, the bedroom and a small sitting room that led out to a small deck with an umbrella. The Suites were about a 10 -15 minute walk from the Ponte Vecchio. A block from the Boboli Garden entrance and about 6 minutes from the Pitti Palace. It was a very safe neighborhood and we had no problem walking back from the center of town after 11:00 pm each night. It was nice to be able to come back from sightseeing and relax before heading out for dinner. A good location off the beaten path and a respite from the throngs of tourists.

• Stayed June 2005