All reviews via san gallo four poster bed honesty bar living room small terrace san marco antique furniture pollo room number small fridge quiet street other guests bed and breakfast small hotel yogurt min walk main sights
Reviewed September 14, 2009

The staff were so friendly from the moment we walked into this unassuming gem off a quiet Florence side street. We were made to feel at home and had a wonderful four poster room with gorgeous antique furniture. We only stayed a couple of nights but could have done with longer!

Date of stay: September 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AmandaFlorence, public relations at Antica Dimora Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2009

Dear Guest,
thank you for posting your review! Yo have spent lovely words for Antica Dimora Firenze and for all the Staff..thank you!
Best wishes and hope to see you againin Florence.

Reviewed September 13, 2009

Finding Antica Dimora Firenze was a delight. I stayed there for 6 days and the support and friendliness of the staff was incredible. Breakfast was simple and always fresh. The hotel was great about leaving a tray out for the mornings I had to leave for tours before breakfast was available.
The recommendations I received from the staff was excellent for restaurants, sites to see and tours to take. The recommendations were not just a standard recommendation but based on questions the staff asked about what I wanted. The staff was also very helpful at making reservations for museums as well as for restaurants.
I appreciated the free internet and the netbooks they had available for the guests to borrow. It was great not to have to bring a computer with me and still be able to read my personal email.
I felt as if I was staying in the home of friends, with the advantage of not having to do my room and with plenty of friendly support and advice.
I am looking forward to returning to Antica Dimora, maybe in the winter and exploring more of Florence.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Violeta,
your stay in Antica Dimora Firenze has been for us so nice! and we are so happy that you spent good time too. We like when guests feel at home, and it's just how you felt, great!
We look forward to meet you soon again in Florence.
All the best!
Amanda and all the Staff.

Reviewed September 13, 2009

My friend and I really enjoyed staying at Antica Dimora Firenze. The hotel is not a big one, with 6 rooms, and so similar to a bed and breakfast kind in the U.S. The rooms are cozy and clean, each with its own charming decor. The hotel is well managed and guests get prompt attention and helpful service from the staff. Their support in arranging day tours to explore the Tuscany area and recommendations for sights and restaurants had made our trip to Florence a memorable one. There is also free wi-fi, not that you would be checking your emails while in Florence, but helps to get info if needed. Would definitely come back to stay and recommend to my friends :-)

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Mr. Dickinson,
thanks so much for your nice note. We are really happy that you enjoyed so much your stay with us. Hope to see you again in Florence.
Best wishes

Reviewed September 11, 2009

My family of five, my fiance and brother's girlfriend spent the most wonderful ten days in Florence, mostly as a result of where we stayed. In the short time that we were there, Antica Dimora really came to feel like home and yet had all the hassle free brilliance of a holiday! The rooms were beautiful, and clean, all with welcome air-conditioning, the breakfast table was tempting and there were refreshments for quiet evenings in if we wanted them and the staff were absolutely delightful. Special thanks should go to Amanda who ordered taxis, recommended great places to eat and see and made us feel like friends. She also spoke very good English and was patient with our feeble attempts at Italian! I cannot recommend Antica Dimora highly enough - you have to go to believe just how lovely it is and its central location makes it the perfect way to see this magical city.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guests,
your stay in Antica Dimora Firenze has been very nice for us. All your family is very kind and nice. Thank you for your review which we very much appreciated. Our guests thoughts are very important for us!
We hope to meet you again in Florence.
Best wishes to you all.
Amanda and all the Staff.

Reviewed August 14, 2009

Had a great stay in Florence...this place was a find...loved the lounge and the balcony....great to come back to after a hard day sightseeing!

Date of stay: July 2009
Trip type: Traveled with friends
AmandaFlorence, public relations at Antica Dimora Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2009

Dear Guests,