All reviewsvia san galloclassical musicfour poster bedhonesty barliving roomsmall terracesan marcoantique furniturequiet streetother guestssmall fridgeyogurtmin walkmajor siteswithin easy walking distanceaccademiafirenze
Reviewed February 10, 2008

From the first contact I made with Antica Dimora I knew our stay would be a good one. . I booked this as a surprise "big" birthday present for my husband and wanted our stay to be perfect. The many questions I emailed to the hotel prior to arriving were dealt with promptly, efficiently and graciously and I knew that we would have nothing to worry about.
As soon as we entered Antica Dimora we felt that we were in the real Firenze rather than an hotel from a souless hotel chain. The beautifully coloured and decorated rooms are just as pictured on the website. The huge canopied bed in our room was deliciously comfortable and even though we overlooked the main street the room was extremely peaceful.
The reception is open from 8am - 8pm and is staffed by a team of women who go out of their way to share their extensive depth of knowledge and love of the city. They provided many recommendations for where to eat and drink and without exception every one was "spot on". The nearby restaurant Taverna Bronzino was nothing short of perfect as a recommendation for my husband's birthday meal, not just for the food but for first class service with a smile.

All in all Antica Dimora Firenze is more like having your own luxury apartment in Firenze but with the advantage of having your own top class concierge. Don't even bother looking for anywhere else!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank coreleygirl
Reviewed February 2, 2008

Beautiful little place in a great location with really friendly, welcoming staff. The rooms are gorgeous - loved the four-poster bed! And the little touches really made the difference, such as the decanter of amaretto and amaretti biscuits left out in the evenings - just the thing after a tiring day out exploring the city! Would love to go back.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snailsrus
Reviewed January 21, 2008

My sister and I fell in love at first sight, stepping into the colorful parlor, being greeted by the warm receptionist. Our room was gorgeous with a big bed with canopy, a telephone we could use to call home to family, and a bathroom that included a roomy tub. And the price was reasonable for Europe.

We met some of our favorite people who were also staying there, over breakfast the first morning.

A good location within walking distance of the Duomo, on the north end of the center of the city, surrounded by some fine restaurants and coffee shops.

We found out from others staying there that we could have negotiated for a better price because we were staying there during off-season.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank mamjaj
Reviewed December 31, 2007

What a gem! Book early, as there are only 6 delightful rooms. The staff is so helpful, I felt like I was staying at my grandmother's house, so cozy and warm. The room was perfect, bathroom large by Euro standards. Breakfast simple and delicious. Great value!

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank dance37
Reviewed December 28, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for our first three nights in Italy, then decided that we needed another night at the end of our holiday! The hotel is in a great location, and is so quiet and cozy. Both of the rooms we had were so nicely decorated and comfortable. The staff is is nice and helpful with reservations and maps and recommendations for restaurants. It was nice to come back after an afternoon seeing the sights to a hot cup of tea or coffee in our room. The weather was chilly, but Antica Dimora was warm and welcoming. I was so impressed with everything about it!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple