“Charming and Cheerful for Canadian Couple”

Antica Dimora Firenze
Ranked #79 of 649 Florence B&B and Inns
Burlington, Canada
“Charming and Cheerful for Canadian Couple”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed at this charming place for 3 nights during our stay in Florence. It is centrally located, while still being on a quiet street that was easy to drive up to and unload our car. The staff remembered we were on our honeymoon and had a complimentary bottle of wine waiting for us in our room! The hotel is an apartment with 6 rooms and a common living room, making the place feel more like a home than a hotel! This may be unusual for North Americans as its a bit unassuming and on the 2nd floor of a building, making it a true "hidden gem."

We had a little balcony with cafe table to enjoy the wonderful continental breakfast. The living room was warmly lit with cake left out if we needed for an afternoon snack, as well as coffee and adult beverages. The room was spotlessly clean and classically Italian. It had a great shower. The room was quiet, making it easy to sleep in.

All in all, a great experience, and we'd definitely stay here again!

1 Thank Dan M
AmandaFlorence, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Antica Dimora Firenze, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
We are happy that we participated in some positive way to your honeymoon, and we will be glad to have for future anniversaries to discover in depth the notra beautiful city and everything else is' graziea still around and see you soon

Staff

michele
giovanna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2012

As I am writing this review, my parents are being harassed by the staff of Antica Dimora. Soon after check-in, a sum of Euro 500 was stolen from their room, and the hotel staff refused to co-operate or call the police. What is more, they're refusing to refund the reservation amount paid to them, so we can check in to a different hotel. I'd highly recommend that visitors stay away from this hotel, or in case you decide to stay, please be extra careful about your belongings. Needles to say, we are highly disappointed with our experience at Antica Dimora

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelBug_S27_12
AmandaFlorence, Proprietario at Antica Dimora Firenze, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
It 's our practice to respond to any criticism with kindness and give thanks for the tips that are useful to improve

This message written by the son of the gentlemen ... not this incident, it is absolutely false.

1 there is no evidence that the money was stolen in our residence
Two staff worked up, as always with grace and kindness, despite the arrogant behavior of parents and never collaborative
3 also false that we did not call the police.

And now how things went:
lords, arrived in the late morning from the station, were accompanied in the room and immediately came to the reception for check-in.
Returned to their room immediately reappeared at the front desk beginning in an extremely offensive and rude to rant against staff present (2 and 1 reception for cleaning) indicating that they had stolen from their bag 500.
One of the employees called me and asked me to speak, I immediately went there.
I immediately realized that I bring there was no possibility of dialogue, the staff was in shock at the allegations unjustly obtained, at which point I decided to personally call the police (which we prove)
The lords and staff were present at my call, I explained what had happened praying to intervene directly on site and see for themselves that no one had stolen money.
I was asked if the gentlemen had seen who had carried out the theft, of course they had not seen anyone.
There being no real evidence, I was told that the gentlemen could make a complaint against unknown persons going in person at the police office.
I explained to the gentlemen what I had told the police what they could do, given their address of where to go for making the complaint, but refused to do so.
Instead they asked me what I was willing to do for them, I replied that I was sure of the absolute innocence of my own money and that, if stolen, misappropriated or they were sure to be on the train which had arrived or on the street while came from us.
Having to stay with us 2 nights, I proposed that they pay a single night, only to soften a difficult situation, but not because ritenessi no responsibility of what my staff.
The men were immediately accepted.
I end this way:
I do not allow anyone to accuse people who work with me for years and know that the skills and integrity, without any evidence of theft and only with an unbearable arrogance and rudeness

I regret that the lords have never considered that the theft had occurred before we arrive.

The owner
Johanan Vitta
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed at Antica Dimora for 2 nights and would certainly return. It is centrally located, a short stroll from all the major attractions, but away from the tourist hubbub on a quiet street. It was a thoroughly relaxing place to return to after a day's exploring and the staff were friendly and helpful. There were plenty of nice little touches: tea, coffee and biscotti were available for self-service throughout the day and night at no extra charge and there was an 'honesty bar' for anything stronger. The breakfast room is small, preventing all visitors from eating at once if the rooms are fully-booked, but there are trays available to carry one's breakfast into one's room. This is a very nice option regardless and we enjoyed eating al fresco on our little balcony. Thoroughly recommended on all counts.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
AmandaFlorence, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Antica Dimora Firenze, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
thanking you very much for the words he wanted to leave nosto sian in the guest book here, and make sure it is early yet surely our hostess, we are happy that your stay was short, even if you enjoy the next ....

michele
giovanna
Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Antica Dimora Firenze is a wonderful property for a reasonable price, by Florence standards. It's in an ideal location for experiencing historic Florence. Rooms are spacious and beautifully furnished. The property at 72 Via San Gallo has an added bonus, an inviting, fully stocked living room ideal for socializing or relaxing with a book. The staff could not have been more gracious, providing us with directions, arranging transportation, and making reservations. We highly recommend Antica Dimora Firenze!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
AmandaFlorence, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Antica Dimora Firenze, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
thank you for your words that make us full satisfaction, we take our customers satisfaction is what matters most, I hope to see you again very soon in our little home, and give you even better services

michele giovanna e michela
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed at Antica Dimora for 5 nights in order to explorer Florence and the Toscany region. This place is a flat in a residence building right in the middle of Florence. It is about 10 minutes walk from the train station Santa Maria Novella. We were greeted by Michela who made us feel very welcomed. She showed us our room which was nicely appointed, and they provided us with a complimentary half wine bottle and some cookies. Daily breakfast was good with coffee, juice, danishes, bread, jams, ham cuts and cheese, and yougurt. We asked Michela for restaurants that she would recommend close to the residenza and around the city, and she provided us with at least 7 places. We tried at least 4 of them, and the food and the atmosphere was great in all of them. She also booked us a one-day tour to Siena, San Gimmignano, and wine tasting in Chianti, which was a great tour. Since, breakfast starts at 8:30am and we needed to be at the train station to meet our tour, Michela provided us with a breakfast tray in our room as well as milk and juice in the fridge the night before, and coffee was ready to brew, we just needed to press the button of the coffee maker. We enjoyed Florence very much, and we would like to go back and we would definitely stay at Antica Dimora again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MVS-DC-resident
AmandaFlorence, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Antica Dimora Firenze, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
what to say after reading what you wrote, first a big thank you truly from the heart, by Michela and also from all other (michele and Joanne), I sincerely hope to see you again very soon to see other beautiful places in this beautiful land called Tuscany and Florence, of course. thanks again
Joanne
wimborne
Reviewed April 23, 2012

excellent hotel, with good service and accommodation, good continental breakfast.
In a quiet location, but within easy reach of the major sights

Room Tip: all rooms appeared to be of an excellent standard