“Relaxing Palazzo Galletti”

Ranked #134 of 651 Florence B&B and Inns
Nummela, Finland
“Relaxing Palazzo Galletti”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in Palazzo Galletti. I got the Giove suite, which was nice cos I had booked a normal double room. So I had plenty of room and felt like a queen! With 80 € a night this is a bargain.
The location is perfect. Right in the middle of bustling Firenze. Any how my room was really quiet. It was like staying in the country side, especially with the view from the balcony.
Staff is nice and helpful. Good that they have an iron to lend. Breakfast is basic, but had all I needed, cappucino and cornetto. I would have liked music in the breakfast room because it's a bit too quiet.
One thing I was wondering. They have this little request that if you want new towels leave the dirty ones on the floor. This is excellent. I don't need a new towel every day, lets save some water! But the cleaning lady didn't agree with this idea because every day I had new towels no matter where I left them...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Maria K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sydney
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I enjoyed every aspect of my stay here. The hotel is convenient to everything and very close to the cathedral. The staff were able to direct us to a couple of nice restaurants for dinner. A buffet breakfast with all the usual items is served in a low-ceilinged mezzanine room. At first we didn't like the coffee, but after the first day, we managed to communicate our wishes.

It helped that we were upgraded to a grand room with beautiful frescoes.

The staff went to some trouble to arrange for wifi in our room (an extra charge).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

1st time in Florence, and using the Duomo as a landmark to find the hotel was awesome. Great place to stay. Breakfast was very good, and served in a 16th century kitchen. Managing staff was extremely helpful, and we would recommend the Mercurio room. Spa not really part of the hotel, so heads up there as it's an additional charge and expensive. Also, there are taxes you must pay when you check out so save some Euros. We didn't know beforehand and that was a frustration.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ijf1010
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We recently stayed here during our tour of Italy. I was ready to give them 5....
*Nice Breakfast
*Clean Room
*Quiet/off street courtyard balcony
*GREAT LOCATION
However as we were checking-out we were charged for juice from the mini bar... which we never touched... if I had touched anything it would have been the wine. We told the girl we hadn't had anything from the bar and she just smiled... I wasn't about to stand and argue about 2.50 Euro juice when we had a train to catch but annoying to say the least.

Be aware it is a little hard to find, look at the photos provided by other reviewers. We took a cab to the address then need to buzz for the gate to be opened. It just at the top of the of the stairs.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cyager
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Not what you expect for the price.
Then it's the concept that's totally wrong- it's decorated with Budas and Chinese statues- in Florence?
Please fix the shower furniture in the Mercurio room.
Staff is not enough educated - they did not know that tickets are not selling in buses - so we missed the train. All of them seems to be immigrant workers and know about Tuscany and Florence- very little and it was very disappointing.
One of staff was so depressed serving the breakfast - espresso was outrage.

And we haven't noticed the pool. No one offered us the opportunity to swim or relax.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This was my 4th stay in Firenze, my first stay here, my 8th year in a row to Europe. I was astounded at the size of my room and bathroom (Mercurio) as rooms are understandably smaller in some European hotels due to the age of the buildings. I noticed part of a fresco on the one wall that wasn't really noticeable unless there was no direct light shining on it. Unfortunately I'm not a morning person (and the comfortable bed didn't help!) so I never took advantage of the breakfast but my friends did and they gave it a thumbs up (BTW, they were on their honeymoon and we all agreed this looked like a nice place to stay. They had one of the suites and absolutely loved it!) My bathroom didn't have a tub, just a shower which was perfect for me. The stairs leading up to the hotel on the first floor were a treat as I've stayed in places on the 3rd floor without an elevator and really hated to have to go back to my room when I forgot something. I loved sitting on my little balcony at night and relaxing. The staff was friendly and helpful, the surroundings were quiet.

I think some people might be used to American hotels with large rooms, elevators, toiletries and other amenities but they lack the character of European hotels. Isn't the point of travel not only sight seeing but enjoying new experiences???

PS - I've already booked my room for this year!

Room Tip: I believe rooms facing the courtyard are a bit quieter.