-This guesthouse was very responsive on the email when I wrote in to enquire about booking for our stay in May 2014.
-The guesthouse is well-located near the train station. Very convenient if you need to catch trains in and out of florence.
-Breakfast was simple but delicious.
-Some of the rooms were really beautifully designed. Like a decorated house from a design magazine.
-We weren't told of the breakfast charges and the need to record choice of breakfast timing. We verbally told the housekeeper when we like our breakfast for our stay but after our first breakfast, we waited in vain for the second one, only to find out that we had to write on their record book to get breakfast. That was the morning that we really needed our breakfast as we had to take a 2.5 hours ride out to the vineyards, we ended up having to endure hungry pangs all the way till lunch.
- Some of the rooms are really small and aircon can be noisy.
What I cannot understand is that with so many feedback about less than satisfactory service from the Housekeepers, why haven't the owner done anything about it? I saw the reviews before I went and I thought this should have been fixed by now given that correcting bad service attitude should be paramount for this business. I can tolerate small rooms, disturbing sounds from aircon but certainly not a tempermental service attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Guest House - Casa Howard is neither a hotel nor a B&B. As the door will open, you will step into an eccentric guest house that will make you feel at home and will inevitably capture your heart. The Guest House is a large family house that is only partially used as such. Each room recreates a different setting, where the well-finished details emphasize the experience for the traveller. Casa Howard is the perfect alcove for couples who dream of a romantic retreat, as well as the most comfortable solution for families travelling with children or domestic animals. Choose one of the rooms with a view and seize all the emotions that transpire while looking at the rooftops of the Renaissance neighbourhoods. A stay in Florence has never been more emotional, sophisticated and enchanting. You will be given the house keys, and you will be able to live the city as local inhabitant. You will realise that this Guest House is the ideal starting point to discover the wonders of the city centre. Its location is at a walking distance from Santa Maria Novella and from many other major touristic sites, such as the David of Michelangelo (at the Galleria dell’Accademia), the San Frediano borough, the Mercato di S.Ambrogio and of San Lorenzo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Casa Howard Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Howard Guest Houses Hotel Florence