-This guesthouse was very responsive on the email when I wrote in to enquire about booking for our stay in May 2014.
-The guesthouse is well-located near the train station. Very convenient if you need to catch trains in and out of florence.
-Breakfast was simple but delicious.
-Some of the rooms were really beautifully designed. Like a decorated house from a design magazine.
-We weren't told of the breakfast charges and the need to record choice of breakfast timing. We verbally told the housekeeper when we like our breakfast for our stay but after our first breakfast, we waited in vain for the second one, only to find out that we had to write on their record book to get breakfast. That was the morning that we really needed our breakfast as we had to take a 2.5 hours ride out to the vineyards, we ended up having to endure hungry pangs all the way till lunch.
- Some of the rooms are really small and aircon can be noisy.
What I cannot understand is that with so many feedback about less than satisfactory service from the Housekeepers, why haven't the owner done anything about it? I saw the reviews before I went and I thought this should have been fixed by now given that correcting bad service attitude should be paramount for this business. I can tolerate small rooms, disturbing sounds from aircon but certainly not a tempermental service attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CASA HOWARD Guest Houses – Rome and Florence The Art of Hospitality. Casa Howard Guest Houses are not hotels. Each Casa Howard is a beautiful private house, in an outstanding location whether an apartment, palazzo or farmhouse, which gives personal service, and where some typically "hotel" ideas, methods and services have been borrowed. With uniquely designed, cosy rooms it’s like staying in a very relaxed, stylish friend’s home – as guests you get the keys of the house, you enjoy the original furniture and objects, you feel the atmosphere of the house. A mix of quality-to-price ratio, uniqueness of location, private home heritage and introduced guests approach deserved Casa Howard many featuring on the international press. Last but not least, CH are now in the bestselling 1000 Places to See before You die !!• A SENSORIAL EXPERIENCE : how different is the feeling of spending some days in a real private house rather than in a public grand hotel, in the top art city of the world! LUXE: we may not define CH a luxury place, rather a true exclusive place (nonetheless we are featured on most of the luxury guidebooks in the world, like the LUXE city book of Grant Thatcher or the LOUIS VUITTON guidebook). Casa Howard (Florence) is located close to Santa Maria Novella, Casa Howard (Rome) close to the Spanish Steps – the ideal spots for accessing the city’s profusion of architectural treasures and shopping! Urban chic close to the action. Suave and surprising, the Casa Howard is located close to the Santa Maria Novella – an ideal spot for accessing the city’s profusion of architectural treasures. This is a Guest House, it is not in the hotel category (e.g. they do not have a concierge, nor do they provide porters etc); it is a private family’s houses partially opened to introduced paying guests. Former guests have a priority booking channel. A mix of quality-to-price ratio, uniqueness of location, private home heritage, and introduced guests approach deserved Casa Howard some awards and many many featuring on international press. It is an intriguing mix of private mansion and hip hotel, providing guest accommodation in stylish apartments. Eco attitude : see down *All the original floors and ceilings have been maintained, there are flourishes of pure silk taffeta at the windows, and many love the chic designer touches such as the occasional black silk sofa, sunken marble bath, full-wall padded bed head, mosaic inlay or 18th century French writing desk. For relaxation after a day’s exploration along the Via Tornabuoni, unwind in the hammam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Casa Howard Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Howard Guest Houses Hotel Florence