“Nice and well located hotel”
Review of Hotel Lombardia

Hotel Lombardia
Ranked #157 of 412 Hotels in Florence
“Nice and well located hotel”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Very nice and helpful staff. Very good location also.
The rooms are confortable and pretty large. The shower is not well delimited and the water is getting all over the bathroom but that might be the case only for the economy double rooms

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The hotel is closest to station so thats a super convenience. The rooms are small but well facilitated. Quite clean. Bathroom not bad. But there's no view out of the window. And the breakfast really needs variety. For warm items, there are only boiled eggs, that too get over fast!!!! and they are not replenished. Cute place run by a couple.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I booked the Hotel Lombardia online for 3 nights and this was about my 12th hotel in the past 3 weeks in Italy. I had done 2 tours up north in the Lake region and a tour just to the south of Milan. I took the train to Florence from Milan and wanted a hotel near the SMN Florence Station. I started walking down the street from the station and got to the end and couldn't find it. I walked back toward the station and there it was just about a half block from the station and directly across from the bus stop (CAF) for my day tour to Siena and San Gimignano. Stay on the right side of Via Panzani as you are walking away from the station, it is like the first hotel. It also is also only 4 blocks from the Duomo and the center of Florence is close.

My room was very nice, not modern, but clean and comfortable. I was in the back so there was not a sound at night. My bed was a double which I had requested and after all the touring during the day, I slept like a baby at night. My bathroom sink drained slowly the first day and I mentioned it and it was fixed right away. My shower was small and some water of course drained onto the bath floor from the curtain, but when I returned later each evening to my room it was all dry and cleaned. the hotel does not have an elevator and Andrea carried my bags up and down from my room since I am in my sixties. The walk up and down was not too hard and good exercise.

Now for the surprise part, the breakfast was fantastic each morning. It was by far the best on my trip so far.(I have 2 more weeks in Italy for a total of 5 weeks). During my tours the breakfasts were from medium good to terrible with hard buns in Stresa to cold coffee in 2 other places. the Hotel Lombardia went out of their way each morning to make sure all the guests were satisfied with a large selection to choose from.

Andrea and Onorina are the two nicest people, always with a smile, and ready to help. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a reasonably priced hotel with a great location and very helpful staff. PS. Onorina makes the best cappuccinos.

I plan on staying a week next year in Florence and this will be my choice.

Room Tip: My room was in the back and really quiet. No view but good sleep
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. It is very near the Santa Maria Novella train station and is on the main road-- a few minute's walk. The newly refurbished second floor room was very nice-- only being at the back side there was not much of a view. Bathroom was good and everything new. The staff at the reception-- named Onorina-- was wonderful and helpful and so were the other men. They carried all our luggage to the room since there is no lift. Breakfast was great. One of the staffs even lent us his personal umbrella as it was pouring one evening. We will definitely recommend the hotel, if you do not mind climbing the stairs. Walking distance from the Duomo (Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore). Lots of restaurants near the station. You will find several shops around the hotel. However, for shopping leather bags/jackets go to Piazza di San Lorenzo (walking distance from the hotel). But read about cheating in leather buying in other forum and be aware! If you want to buy fruits, water etc, there are supermarkets near the hotel. For exact location of these, see the link below: http://www.amoitaly.com/firenze/supermarket.html

Room Tip: Newly furbished rooms on the second floor. Ask for the rooms on the front side for a roadside view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Atithisatkar
Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in a double room which had not been refurbished. The room was large and clean, but was in need of a makeover. The shower is too small and It is impossible to use it without flooding the bathroom. I was aware that this was a budget hotel so there were no surprises. It was close to the train station and our room was quiet. The breakfast was included in the price and very good. The staff very friendly and efficient. There is a laundrette a few minutes away and a restaurant next door which were both very handy. If you want clean budget hotel then this hotel is a good choice but request a refurbished room which I understand has a larger shower.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lori_rose
Aurora, Indiana
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I rented my room like many of you do sight unseen . Yes at first I was a little hesitant and wondered a bit . Oh well I just need a bed and a shower . I was about to take all of those tours that so many do when it was just recommended I go at the right times and save my money for something else . Ok so I ventured out to see the things I wanted to see . None of the lines seemed to be more than 45 minutes and that in my book is a huge savings from those skip the line tours that really do have a wait . They not only gave me good advise but served a good breakfast every morning . Typical for Italy and better than some that the hotels with 4 stars had . When it came time to leave I realized they do not have a fancy doorman in a fancy uniform but the money I save over those other places paid for all of my meals and then some . They did their very best to make me feel at home and that I call family . Yes I'd stay here again in a NY minute !

• Stayed September 2013
Udine, Italy
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I spent 3 nights there in one of the renewd rooms, probably the biggest one. The room is nicely furnished, very well soundproofed, super clean and the clima works very silently. In one word, a pleasure.
The breakfast was very good as well, a discrete selection of everything. Me and my girlfriend haven't missed anything.
The staff then is very friendly, they suggested us where to eat great food without spending a fortune ;).

If you can get one of the new rooms, I definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Renewed rooms are amazing
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple