“Price / performance ratio - not bad”
Review of Hotel Toscana

Hotel Toscana
Ranked #388 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great location in the center, Via del Sole 8, near the railway station and attractions. Clean, the staff was friendly and attentive. Nearby launderette. Negative - no Wi-Fi, small size rooms and especially the elevator, which can barely accommodate 2 people with luggage. The room dark, small window. Poor soundproofing. In the early morning starts to buzz on the street sweeper. For the low prices and a central location acceptable accommodation option.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liudmila I
There are newer reviews for Hotel Toscana

Reviewed July 15, 2012

The woman at the reception was absolutely wonderful and so helpful with everything I needed. The price is great and you are steps away from the train station and about 5 minutes from the ponte vecchio. The location cannot be beat. Do not expect the four seasons but the rooms are big and free wifi.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Toscana in March 2011 as I settled in to study in Florence.

The hotel was not bad. I do distinctly remember, something that has stuck with me all of this time, the rudeness and obnoxiousness of a particular staff member, a man, I can't remember his name. I had just flown for over 25 hours prior to arriving at the hotel, had almost been hit by a bus and been fleeced by a taxi driver. It was not an ideal start to my stay.

When I arrived at the hotel, my interaction with this man was very unpleasant. I was merely trying to check in, but was subject to his negative attitude and eye rolling.

The room itself wasn't bad, very basic. I slept for quite a while after I eventually checked in, and the shower wasn't too shabby. I was happy to pay the 50 euro per night, but probably would not pay a cent more.

Anyway, I am back in Florence now, and on the basis of my experience with the man on reception I have decided not to go back, and take my money elsewhere. Judging by my experience, and the timbre of most of the other posts on this forum, I suggest you do the same.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2011

We stayed here in September and our room was clean and comfortable. Even though the air conditioner could have worked a little better, we were still happy with the room. There is a laundromat right across the street, next to a small liquor store and a bakery close by. Walking distance to all the sights and a decent breakfast included. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times because it's right off the train station and fifteen minutes from all the great sights of Florence. For the price, it is worth it for that alone. The rooms are OK for the most part, and the breakfast is OK too. The staff can either be helpful or gruff and resistant to languages other than Italian. Even more, I was greeted in May by paper signs put up all over the hotel about the fact that one had to pay cash because there was a temporary problem with their credit-card transactions. I hadn't planned on paying with my cash, but I had no choice. Also, although they said this was only a short-term thing, the signs looked like they had been around more than the two days they said this had been going on. Given this, I would certainly think twice before going here again, even with the low price and the good location.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2010

In florence, I feel you can do much better for same price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I'll start form the good points - it was the cheapest double room with a bathroom in September and it's just few steps from Firenze Centrale and located in the city center. But the room was upleasant and dark. Adequate for one star standard.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple