“Reasonable price, great location!”
Review of Hotel Bijou

Hotel Bijou
Ranked #283 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Dallas, Texas
“Reasonable price, great location!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The hotel owner is very polite. Also the room is clean and cozy. We have just stayed here to celebrate our 19th anniversary & it was in the perfect location. It is located in the center of everything. It is just 3 minutes walk to the the train station, close to the duomo, uffizi gallery, ponte vecchio and all the tourist sites but also close to the traditional market, cheap pizzeria's etc.
I definitely stay in this hotel if i'm coming back.
Would highly recommend the Osteria il Giardino for good local food & wine.

Room Tip: Room #4, it has a nice balcony
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jim C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My fiancée and I stayed 3 nights in this nice hotel. The hotel is an old palace that is spacious inside. It is clean, friendly, comfy and incredible value for money.
From the hotel terrace you can see the main sights of Florence. It is located the historical part of town. The hotel staff recommended some restaurants nearby; we tried two (Osteria Il Giardino e La Lampara) and both were quite good.
We stayed in a double room. The room was spacious, with a high ceiling and windows overlooking a patio balcony. The ensure bathroom was absolutely clean and larger than in other hotels we stayed at in Europe. The bed was comfortable and I was pleased that it was a large bed rather than 2 singles pushed together as seems to be the norm here.
The staff were all helpful, friendly and very kind. All that I met spoke English quite well; one of the concierges is Greek.
We loved our stay. The hotel is for everyone, perfect if someone wants close proximity to the sights and monuments, so it was perfect for us and we wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: A room with balcony
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fra-Ge G
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We appreciated this hotel so tuscan and nice: we could describe it as a 3 "C" hotel, i.e. Cheap, Comfortable and Central. We had a very quiet room overlooking the courtyard and could open the windows all the time.
The hotel is in walking distance to the city center and all the main museums, close to everything.
Service was ok, they are warm and polite. The rooftop terrace is so amazing!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 124Vera1990
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Bijou for five nights in late Oct 2013. Very nice, worth every euro! Our spacious room was equipped with a large balcony too. Staff service was perfect. Breakfast was excellent, the buffet table was full of cakes, biscuits, croissants, juices and so on. Also, you can have your breakfast on the rooftop: you can enjoy the use of an amazing terrace. Regardless, we would stay there again, for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed October 23, 2013

What a cozy hotel! The rooms are spacious and large, and the bathrooms are very clean. The location is perfect, in downtown at a short distance from the main train station. Also, the room price was cheap: a very good deal for us. But most of all it's about the roof terrace: from the rooftop you can enjoy an amazing view of the city and its wonderful hills! We'll choose this hotel on our next trip for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alfred J
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We spent 4 nights very happily at the Hotel Bijou. The room was very large, cozy and had a lovely balcony overlooking a courtyard. We also liked the location -- close enough to everything (train station, stores, museums, monuments). The restaurants and trattorias in the area are very good. The rooftop terrace is a must. The building is ancient, and the elevator is amazing! I would absolutley return -- a very good choice and an excellent value.

Room Tip: A quiet room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Glenn O
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Upon my arrival to the hotel I was greeted by a very unfriendly hosts (a female and male). That rushed my mother and I to our room. Once in our room, we were not able to open our room. I knocked for help and the lady and man came outside the room trying to assist us to open the room. They kept yelling in a very rude and mean way, "turn the knob to the left!!!!!!!" I responded that, "I am I am." After minutes of the no success and horrible tension, screaming to us in Italian. The lady instructed me to go the bathroom and open the window and give her the key. As I was opening the window I could hear screaming between the man and woman. Once I was able to open the door, I was confused on where to give the key. At this point I was shivering and scared and all they could do was scream at me. Once the key was given to them, they were able to open the door from the outside. The man and woman screamed, taunted and yelled at me for not being able to open the door. At this point I feared for my life. What if an emergency were to happen how can I open the door? The woman and man were so upset at me that they could not stop yelling at me. I decided that this is not a safe place to be. I demanded for our passports and ran out.
Besides the rooms are nasty and run down do not stay here.
I request my money back due to the harsh and unsafe circumstances at this hotel. I have already sent an email to venere customer care as instructed. This could have been a very fatal and scary circumstance.

Moris Aynechi

Stayed October 2013
6 Thank Nana2266
Etrusco1966, Direttore at Hotel Bijou, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
First, a real clarification is necessary against your slanderous and defamatory comments: you have never arrived at the Hotel Bijou, we have never seen your faces. You have invented this false, absurd and ridiculous story by defaming us on this website only not to pay the penalty; in fact, you have booked through Venere / Expedia, and you know very well our cancellation policy on Venere, which is as follows: for late cancellations made after this time 100% of the entire stay is charged; for no-show, 100% of the entire stay is charged.
Therefore, according to our cancellation policy, we can charge the full amount of the booking, but generally we charge only the amount of one night. In any case, if you arrive at the hotel, you do not like the room and go away, you are still obliged to pay the penalty: our cancellation policy is clear, for late cancellations we can charge 100% of the entire stay.

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels