WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #401 of 422 Hotels in Florence
London
“A last resort”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

Turning up in Florence at 3am we could find no rooms in the city. We were about to park up and sleep in the car when we found this hotel (we know wish we had slept in the car).

Just from the carpark we could see the decor of the hallways and thought we were making a mistake. The twin room was €75 and I don't know if that included breakfast as they guy never mentioned it. The room was the worst I've stayed in. It was very hot and the old aircon unit on the floor in the corner was not much help. The furniture was old and scant and the bathroom was shabby. Toilet didn't flush, sheets had tears, window was so dirty we couldn't see out of it.

We left first thing and tried not to let it ruin our time in Florence.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
      Location
3 Thank ledge69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2007

I've booked this hotel online with LateRooms and on their map the hotel was shown in the city center. I was told only after the reservation that the real price was 50 euros less than expected per person. I was so happy I wanted to look on Google Maps how to reach the place and here surprise! The hotel real location was many Kms away the place shown on the first map seen.

At least I thought usually hotels that are away from city center offers something better in order to be competitive. It is supposed to be a 3 stars but infact they threat you as in the worst pension you can imagine.

My room was full of mosquitos, dust everywhere, dirty bed linen and the whole atmosphear was gloomy and old. The carpet in hallway and elevator was unstuck and kinda dangerous if you did not pay attention to it.

Breakfast was the worst part, forget about the usual huge breakfast you can gave in a normal hotel, here I was asked if I wanted tea or coffe and just one cup was served. No pastries whatsoever, just some toasted bread (in plastic wrapping) with butter and jam. No fresh water, nothing just the sad, unprofessional and superficial service around us.

• Liked — Nothing at all
  • Disliked — Hard to say
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank AntonioNegro

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2006

We were staying in that hotel for the one night and i can say that it's really worst hotel i have ever seen. Dirty, with brocken douche, terrible breakfast and not in the city center and cost was 100 euro per night. Also they tried to charge me twice - 1st time they told me that credit card transaction was interrupted and asked to pay by cash, i paid, but later, after 3 hours i got sms notification from my bank that they charged my card. Time of transaction was 3 hours later than that interrupted transaction, so they processed my card somehow when i left the hotel.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Hotel Franchi
#137 of 422 in Florence
Ibis Firenze Nord Aeroporto
#1 of 4 in Sesto Fiorentino
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,054 reviews

Been to Hotel Real? Share your experiences!