“Perfect Location!”
Review of Hotel Giappone

Hotel Giappone
Ranked #273 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Via dei Banchi is a strategic location, in between of Mercato Central, Duomo, and Santa Maria Novella aside from the shopping streets! Room are clean although tiny for a single room. Just a little disappointed with the misleading information from their advertisement in Expedia, I purposedly canceled my earlier booking considering the fact that the room comes with a private shower, but upon arrival the owner advised that she doesn't have anymore of the 'en suite' shower available. very misleading, I will consider other B&B the next time I am in Firenze!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank pixiedaisie
There are newer reviews for Hotel Giappone

Reviewed January 31, 2014

What a VILE hotel. We were put in the room just near reception, there was a window that looked in to reception with see through curtains! We could hear everything that went on. The decor was disgusting and the bed sheets were dirty, the shared bathroom didn't have a lock and the "shower" was a small hotel in the floor with a shower head over it. You weren't allowed to take the hotel key outside and had to hand it in to reception every time you left. As we were only staying here one night we didn't check out or else we would have. When it came to check out the manager tried to over charge us, which ended in a heated argument with my partner. The only quality thing about this hotel is the location, it's fabulous.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wiresandwaves
Reviewed January 30, 2014

It was a cheap single room, I must agree on that. This family run hotel could work on being more courteous and helpful to their guests. I needed to crash for a single night and managed to do so, as I am sure I may not have survived more than one night here. The hotel is on the main road, my room was noisy and I couldnt catch sleep at all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Cons: There are so many STEPS. There is nothing you can do about it. You share a bathroom.

The hotel is on the third floor. The hotel is owned by very sweet woman. We stayed here for 4 days. She was so kind to change our rooms when we accidently booked 1 queen bed instead of 2 seperated beds. Kudos on that. The price was cheap!!!! Close to the Central train station and close to the Dumo less then 5 mins away. You have your own shower and olace to brush your teeth like I said you share a bathroom to use the toilet. I would come back and stay here. Even met 3 college girls here that didn't mind the hotel. We are two college males. If that helps you decide to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Michael R
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Nice hotel, beautifully located about 5-10 minutes' easy walk from the central station, and only a couple of minutes from the Duomo. The only "downer" is the lack of an elevator, so the four floors of stairs up to the hotel with your bags is a bit of a slog.

Very friendly owner, though her English is limited, if you don't have any Italian. But you'd still be easily able to check in. My room had a rather portable-looking shower, and a sink, with a shared toilet outside. Free wi-fi. Very comfortable, clean and quiet room with TV, if you must waste your time in this beautiful city watching Italian TV.

Extremely good value for money and highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was bit worry about the location and the room state knowing that it has cost me 20 euros. at least based on bathroom for sure. but when I got there, I have to say I wished Travelodge provide the same service and have fully understanding what the customer is looking for? The lady was helpful and the room is just perfect for good night sleep. I recommend anyone who just need good place to sleep to go there - the station, DOME, city is 5mn walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel has an incredible location just 2 blocks from the Duomo. Our room had a private bathroom and a TV and the hotel provides free wifi and was very quiet considering it was on the front of the building. Only downside to this hotel is that it's on the 4th floor of a building with no elevator, but that just gave me a reason not to feel guilty about stuffing myself with delicious food during our stay in Italy :)

Room Tip: Rooms not near the front door are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple