Hotel Enza
Hotel Donatello(Florence)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Rapallo(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbudget hotelconvenience storecute hotelan early flightrooms are cleanwalking distanceno elevatorbig bathroomstay there againby footfree wifimajor attractionsquiet at nightstayed here for nightslocation is excellenthotel is locatedwonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The staff at this little hotel is so nice and helpful. I started looking at this hotel based on location. My apartment was on the same block and I needed a hotel for my husband when he arrived. I only looked in the same area so that I could get to my husband when he met up with our school group. Everything was super expensive since it was a main street and close to a lot of the attractions.

Hotel Enza was the friendliest even via emails since I was booking from US before I left for my own trip. The staff responded very quickly and gave me quotes and they were so much cheaper than the other hotels just a few steps away. So I booked it for 2 nights.

When I arrived in Florence I took a less than 3 minute walk to see where my husband would be staying. It is quiet and cute. But I could not see inside since they keep it very safe and secure for their guests. You must ring the bell and they see you in camera to buzz you in. Loved that!

A month later my husband arrived and I took him to his hotel. He had the cutest room, very modern and clean. The price was amazing and he loved his room. We were planning on backpacking through Italy so this was perfect for our budget. It is a 5-7 minute walk from the train station but easy to get to it.

Before we left on our 2 weeks backpacking we booked our last night in Florence before returning back to the states. We loved the staff and the cozy hotel. While away and we experienced the different types of people in the different cities in Italy we learned to appreciate Florence even more. The hotels that we stayed in sometimes more expensive were rude and not helpful at all. We even headed back a day earlier from Rome to Florence and emailed the staff again that we needed an extra night, 10 minutes later I had confirmation. Great people! Nowhere else in Italy did we experience that kind of service.

We highly recommend this place plus it is walking distance from the train station, Mercado Centrale is 2 blocks away, Duomo and all the other attractions.

Room Tip: We had a single room and those are newer and modern but walk up several stairs. The double room we had when we both stayed there was downstairs and it was an older room but very big, clean and cozy. More private would be the word.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leslie_LWS
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have some positive and negative views about the hotel. The positives: large room and great location.There are wonderful restaurants nearby. The negative: our bathroom shower did not have a door. It had a shower curtain but nothing to contain the water. The water spilled all over the bathroom floor and seeped into our bedroom. We created a fort with our towels to keep the water in. We asked for more towels and were told they could not give us anymore. They said they would fix the problem. Apparently it has not been fixed as I see that others have complained about it. Mopping up the bathroom and bedroom floors so I wouldn't slip is not my ideal vacation. There were two nice staff there and one not so nice.The nice staff reserved tickets for us for the Uffizi and Academia. Get a real shower stall and the hotel would have a higher rating.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank luv2travel60982
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The room was very clean and the service was good. The staff was friendly. The location is walking distance from Duomo , well Florence is small city after all. We were very happy with the place.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank HivaM
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I took a group of university students to Florence and stayed at the Hotel Enza. For many in the groups this was their favorite place to stay. The rooms were large, nice and clean. The staff/management was superb and very accommodating to our group. The rates were very reasonable. The hotel was located close to the train station as well as the tourist sites. There were also many restaurants close by. I certainly will book at the Hotel Enza the next time I travel to Florence.

Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank SEC32465
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We dropped in for 1 night. Got a room for 4 which was ultra modern and very spacious. We paid in cash and got a discount. Wifi was fine, but breakfast was not available during our stay. There is plenty of bars around which we got a coffee and croissant from, and we found free parking on the side streets around hotel. Location is great and walking distance to leather markets. One pitfall - was that there's a constant noise sounds like a lift or something(we where told
Its some water pump or something of upstairs apartments that buzzes until about 11pm and starts up again around 7:30am)

• Stayed: October 2012