“Large room but shower screen broken”
Review of Hotel Ester

Hotel Ester
Ranked #172 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Melbourne, Australia
“Large room but shower screen broken”
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Hotel Ester in Florence
My husband and I stayed at Hotel Ester mid September 2010. We booked a double room with a shower. The hotel is really easy to find, just follow the directions on the website. Only a two minute walk from the train station!  We stayed in room #5 which is a very large room for hotel standards. It had a double bed and a single bed in the room, as well as a small table and a computer.  We thought we'd done really well until we saw the bathroom.  It was tiny, which is normal for Italy but the shower was extremely small and was missing some sliding panels which stop the water from going everywhere.  This I felt was a little sub standard since we were paying €90 per night (no breakfast).  In a way I was happy that the screens were missing, as I'm not sure if I could have moved around in the shower with the screens in tact!  We asked reception for a couple more towels to mop up the water spillage in the bathroom and they were happy to help. I must say when we did have a shower the water pressure was excellent.  Overall we had a pleasant stay at Hotel Ester apart from the bathroom. I would stay here again though not in the same room.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank AleishaTheAussie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Garland, Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Found this hotel on TripAdvisor and it was a great find. My sister and I needed a reasonably priced hotel near the train station for two nights. This hotel was fantastic. It cost 150 euros for two nights. Our room was basic but clean and functional. Our beds were the most comfortable beds we had on our trip (and we stayed in two Hilton Hotels). Our room had a tile floor, a computer that had Skype to make free phone calls to the US, a small but adequate en suite bathroom, TV, and was quiet. Our room had a window that overlooked a small inside square -- nothing special -- but we heard no street noise. The staff spoke English and was very helpful about how to get around in Florence. We would stay there again when we travel to Florence!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Pros:
- Room size is good
- Quiet even though the room faces a busy road
- Sky satellite TV (what a bliss-finally English channels)
- Free wi-fi and computer in the room
- Free calls (skype phone) to home
- Good location, just a stone's throw from SMN station and walking distance to all major sights
- Lift to the 4th Floor, albeit very tiny
- Functioning kitchen
- Safe and fridge in the room
- Washing machine in the kitchen, just ask the staff for assistance.

Cons
- Bathroom should have a railing for hanging clothes
- Floor is a bit dusty and a good wipe would do some good
- Common area outside the rooms is a bit of a mess.

Not a bad stay at all.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank KHF71
Waterville, Maine
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed at Hotel Ester last year on a 5 week vacation and returned a few different times within that vacation. The workers there were wonderful and treated me like extended family. You will receive the amount of respect and caring that you give.
The hotel had rooms on two different floors and I stayed on both. On the 5th floor there was a kitchen that allowed me to shop at a nearby market and return to cook my meals. Everything was very clean!!!! There was a flat screen TV in each room and a computer in each room as well. The manager was doing everything possible to make it comfortable for his guests. While I was there everything was being painted and refurbished, but never did it create a problem for me. The workers were all very accommodating and offered their services whenever they saw me. It is a hidden gem....within walking distance of the train station. I always felt very safe there......and am planning to return the next time I am in Florence. A warm hello/Ciao to all my friends at the hotel.....love....Beverly from Maine, USA (sorry this review is so late)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank amalficoast2
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I have found it great ! First of all, it is perfect for travelers : easy to find and to access . I was amazed by how clean it was, the view from the room was wonderful, and the service is very efficient, people are very nice too :) Absolutely nothing bad to say. I have been very happy with my choice, I recommand it to anyone. Thanks to the host, Marco ! Thumbs up, Hotel Ester !

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Hotel Ester is located really close to the train station Santa Maria Novella, this was wonderful as we took the train down from Milano. We were welcomed with open arms and were pleasantly surprised that we had our very own computer in our room AND a balcony with a wonderful view...including the duomo. Some rooms have their own bathroooms and some have a shared bathroom. There is also a shared kitchen. I have stayed at some "brand name" hotels that cannot even compare to Hotel Ester. I will most likely stay here every time I am in Firenze.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Örebro
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This is a very nice hotel to a good price in a goog location in Florence. The stuff was wonderful, very service-minded! The room was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable and nice to sleep in. I can really recommed this place!!

Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends