Just back from 5 days at the Relais Santa Croce. This is a superb proper 5 star hotel. The Hotel itself is very well situated just outside the very hectic and packed touristy area - about a 2 or 3 minute walk and you are in the thick of it. The Hotel itself is a beautiful palazzo - if I remember correctly - built by a former treasurer to a Pope. The common areas are exquisite and almost a "sight" to see in their own right. The staff are very helpful and accomodating. The restaurant in the hotel is superb and service from Samuele excellent. I suppose one should really venture out and try different places to eat but the food was so good we opted to eat in most evenings. (A word of warning - there is a 3 star Michelin restaurant in the hotel - but NOT part of the hotel - suggest before you rush off there you look at the reviews on Enoteca Pinchiorri before booking)
The rooms themselves (we had a junior suite room 202) are superb and every evening there is a nice touch of fruit/cake. The rooms are in keeping with the character of the hotel but fully modernised eg the air conditioning actually works well.
The hotel is quiet and perfectly suited to couples looking for a few days rest and realxation but also wanting to see all the art and culture that Florence has to offer. The staff are very good at assisiting with any queries and nothing seemed too much trouble at all.
We have already decided to return next year and have convinced our parents to stay. For the first time on Trip advisor writing a review was hard on the basis this is such a great place we selfishly wanted to keep it to ourselves.
A small tip - there are hundreds of restaurants around the many squares. We ate lunch out every day and would really recommend the Circus restaurant which is nearby - I am sure the team at RSC can direct you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A perfect balance between the luxury of a bygone era and modern comforts In the historic centre of Florence, an eighteenth century residence hosts the exclusive, refined Relais Santa Croce, a luxury hotel in Florence. Surrounded by its sumptuous furnishings and frescoed ceilings, you will be assisted by highly professional staff of this hotel in Florence and delighted by the evocative nature of this truly extraordinary location in which luxury and refinement are the predominant features. It is the ideal destination for those seeking the intimacy of a private residence in Florence. The hotel restaurant, Guelfi e Ghibellini, offers innovative, seasonal regional menus. Furthermore, situated within the same building as the Relais Santa Croce is the Enoteca Pinchiorri, a three-star Michelin restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Relais Santa Croce reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Santa Croce Florence
- Relais Santa Croce Hotel Florence