My husband and I spent nearly a week at the Relais Santa Croce on vacation. I'm a bit conflicted about this hotel. The facility is everything you would expect of a small charming boutique hotel in a former palazzo.. That is also wonderfully located. We had reserved a suite several months in advance. Check- in was smooth and all staff quite gracious and helpful. (Especially noteworthy throughout our stay was Barbara at the desk.) Our suite was lovely.
However, when the air conditioning system in our suite ran amuck and not only stopped cooling but begin heating, things fell apart. The weather was VERY warm and humid while we were there, so it was extremely uncomfortable. For well over 24 hours, it seemed that the entire staff was making suggestions as to what could be done, except for producing maintenance. Who never did appear. We were finally moved into a very small suite on the next floor, obviously staff quarters in its former life. Very small, low ceilinged, tiny bath, etc. So at a rate of around 570€ per night, or well over $700 US, there we were. Lodged in the attic.......albeit air conditioned. We were left with a feeling that they could have done more. Perhaps upgraded us rather than the obvious downgrade?
Probably will not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A perfect balance between the luxury of a bygone era and modern comforts In the historic centre of Florence, an eighteenth century residence hosts the exclusive, refined Relais Santa Croce, a luxury hotel in Florence. Surrounded by its sumptuous furnishings and frescoed ceilings, you will be assisted by highly professional staff of this hotel in Florence and delighted by the evocative nature of this truly extraordinary location in which luxury and refinement are the predominant features. It is the ideal destination for those seeking the intimacy of a private residence in Florence. The hotel restaurant, Guelfi e Ghibellini, offers innovative, seasonal regional menus. Furthermore, situated within the same building as the Relais Santa Croce is the Enoteca Pinchiorri, a three-star Michelin restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Relais Santa Croce reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Santa Croce Florence
- Relais Santa Croce Hotel Florence