“Good food and very nice location”
Review of Cucina Torcicoda

Cucina Torcicoda
Ranked #242 of 2,807 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Business trip to Florence and had dinner in that restaurant. I was first amazed by the location and its decoration (amazing the big italian famous wines labels painted on the walls). I took "tagliata" meat with some vegetables and it was very good. They have also a small shop of italian selected food and I bought a small bottle of the same oil the served me at the table.

1  Thank fanharuka

Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was the classiest meal we had in Florence -- in the restaurant section of Torcicoda. I started with the cod in faggioli bean soup with potato flakes -- salty but tasty. Then I had tagiolini pasta with quail ragu, that was delicious. We finished with a plate of local cheese. This was by far the most sophisticated meal we had in Florence. The service was helpful. The only problem was a table full of twenty or so loudmouthed diners nearby, but that wasn't the restaurant's fault!

1  Thank ChrisfromLondon
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Cucina Torcicoda is broken into three sections - pizzeria, osteria and restaurant. My family of four dined in the osteria. The venue is great, very stylish and sophisticated. The food was excellent however the experience was let down by inattentive waitstaff. I had to ask multiple times for drinks, to order, condiments and the bill. Fine tuning of the service will see this venue become an excellent spot!

2  Thank Lou W
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had an excellent meal at Cucina Torcicoda, my boyfriend and I shared a Steak with a variety of sides and I can honestly say it was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. The staff were fantastic, very friendly and helpful. They were very insightful when we asked for wine recommendations, choosing a very good value bottle for us from the menu which was absolutely delicious.

I would definitely come back here next time I visit florence.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We ate here as part of a tour group dinner.

Staff were attentive. We were crammed into the tables at the back of the restaurant and had no room to move.

Antipasto was delicious, the tomato soup provided looked like thick meat bolognese and was not liquid / traditional consistency of soup. It had an interesting taste. The mixed grill was burnt and very ordinary, I didn't eat all mine because of it.

Maybe the experience of smaller groups / couples dining here is different than larger groups. Based on the food we received for our large group (35 people), I wouldn't eat here again.