We loved staying at Il Bargello B&B! We were able to walk from the train station easily enough and had no problem finding it. It is centrally located and within walking distance of all the best sights in Florence. Lynn and Gabriella were extremely helpful (I can't emphasize this enough) and were most willing to share their knowledge and recommendations. Lynn pointed us in the direction of the market as soon as we arrived and made dinner reservations for us. Gabriella was a life-saver when we needed to make last-minute reservations for accommodations in Siena. If you don't like stairs, this may not be the place for you, but we looked at it as taking the place of a mini-workout on the stairmaster every day! Lynn and Gabriella also highly recommended the 3-day Florence Pass - we bought them and are glad we did. It saves time not having to stand in line and allows use of public transportation. If you can, take the bus to Fiesole for the afternoon. Wonderful views and Roman ruins await you at this hillside town about 1/2 hour outside of Florence. Another great asset of Il Bargello is the rooftop terrace. We took our lunch there to relax for a mid-day break almost every day and enjoyed a bottle of wine every evening while taking in the evening lights and spectacular views from the top of the B&B. I would return to Il Bargello in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your special “home away from home” in Florence. Come and enjoy the spectacular view from our roof top terrace amidst Florence’s historical Towers. In March 2004, my husband and I opened Bed & Breakfast Il Bargello. Our objective was to create a comfortable and central meeting point for travelers from all over to come together and share their experiences. Located on the 3rd floor (no elevator service) in a historical building dating back to the 1400’s, we created 6 comfortable rooms all with private in suite bathrooms. To satisfy the growing demand for groups & families, in February 2014, we added a self-contained apartment, our Executive Suite located right across the hallway from the Bed & Breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Il Bargello B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Bargello Bed And Breakfast
- Il Bargello Hotel Florence