We will give 4.5 stars to Il Bargello (Tripadvisor does not allow half star).
Gabriella and Lynn communicated with us via emails before our trip. We went during low season, so the entire B&B was essentially empty (there was only 1 other girl who was staying there).
We stayed in the Michaelangelo room, which was roomy - had 2 twin beds (put together to make it a "queen" bed - but all 3 places we stayed in Italy did the same thing), a small desk, 2 nightstands, a closet, a safe, and a small ottoman. There were heaters and A/C in the room.
1. Breakfast was simple but yummy - we had juice, breads, Nutella/jam/butter/PB, yogurt, and cereal. The cappuccino machine was not working on our first day, but Lynn fixed it on the 2nd day.
2. We really liked the kitchen and living room area. We helped ourselves to juice/tea/coffee in the kitchen during the day, and there was a microwave that we could use (but never needed to). There were tons of books that guests could borrow/read in the living room. I read one of the books on Uffizi prior to visiting the museum and found it quite helpful. There was a laptop in the living room area that's free for guests to use. There was also free WiFi for guests.
3. we were too busy to relaxed/enjoyed views from the terrace, but it looked like it would have been lovely to sip tea/coffee there.
4. Food/restaurant recs from Lynn
1. Street noise: tolerable, but it's not during tourist peak season. Although it's on the 3rd floor and it's next to a smaller alley, street noise still reached our room (but it seemed to be a common "problem" in Italy since most buildings were older and have thinner walls/windows).
2. Stairs: we figured it's a good way to burn the calories that we consumed from eating so much gelato/pasta/pizzas.
3. Location: it's about 10-min walk to most major attractions and there were many restaurants nearby. However, Florence is really small, so chances are no matter where you stay, it will be relatively close to everything.
1. Water pressure from shower was weak
2. No shampoo/soap provided
3. Although our reservation emails said check-in was before 2pm, it turned out no one would normally sit at the reception desk unless you notified them otherwise. There was a change to our itinerary so we arrived 2.5 hrs earlier than expected. I did email Gabriella the evening prior to notify her of the change, and I figured since we would arrive before check-in time, there should be no problem. However, when we arrived, Gabriella said that we were lucky that she happened to be home early that day, otherwise we would have waited for 2.5 hrs on the street w our luggage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to one of Florence's newest gems situated in a 15th century building in the very heart of downtown Florence. Our cosy, completely NON-smoking home was entirely renovated in 2004. All the rooms have their own private en-suite bathroom with shower, air conditioning, hair dryer, telephone and free wireless internet connection. Also accessible to all of our guests, is a roof-top terrace with a spectacular view of downtown Florence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. , Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Il Bargello B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Bargello Hotel Florence
- Il Bargello Bed And Breakfast