“A great experience at Le Stanze”

and 1 more site!
Le Stanze di Santa Croce
Ranked #248 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend once and had a very enjoyable time. It was my first time in Florence and my mother booked this B&B for my stay. I couldn't have felt more welcomed by Mariangela. She's someone who will go out of her way to help you. She helped me plan my day in the city and she even offers to cook with you to make an authentic Italian meal for lunch! Very good experience here and would recommend it for sure!! Thank you, Mariangela!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at Le Stanze di Santa Croce as a recommendation from a friend. We had a single night as we were passing through. I wish we would have stayed more time in Florence and at Le Stanze di Santa Croce. The accomodations were wonderful, the breakfast was abundant and Mariagela was an awesome hostess. Our next trip to Italy will include a longer stay in Florence and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I used to live in the Santa Croce quarter so, for me, staying at Le Stanze is like coming home. I've stayed there several times on my own and with family members. One of the things I really appreciate here is that the B&B occupies the whole building in which it resides so it's not only homey but also very safe and secure. Mariangela is a fantastic host and guests can make themselves at home. If she's not there when you arrive, rest assured everything is ready for your visit and you will see her first thing in the morning at breakfast, greeting the guests and offering help and advice. She will go the extra mile to make sure taxis are booked and reservations are made properly. Breakfast is abundant and Mariangela makes the jams and marmalades served at breakfast herself.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We found Le Stanze di Santa Croce one of the better places we have stayed. We highly recommend the cooking experience offered by Mariangela with a friendly atmosphere thats hard to beat. You will love it here!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Mariangela was a very warm and welcoming host. She spends breakfast at the B&B every morning and is very helpful with any questions and or recommendations. The breakfast itself was the best we had during our 3 week trip in italy and provided a variety of options, not just the usually meat, cheese and pastry that most places offer. We took a cooking class with her and enjoyed it very much (both the interactive shopping for ingredients as well as the cooking of the ingredients).

Concerning the physical location, how "good" it is will vary with the traveler. It is in an area with a large student population and on weekends they can be loud and rowdy. This did not bother us as we tend to stay out later and didn't leave our windows open. This b&b is very close to a large market and is within walking distance to all of the main attractions in the city center. I would recommend a cab to and from the main train station though.

Three of the rooms are very cute and well put together and spacious enough for anyone who doesn't plan on spending a lot of time in their room. The fourth room is on the "top" floor and has a very steep stairwell between the bathroom and the bedroom as well as very low ceilings. This is the room we stayed in. My wife and I are both about 5'8" and could only stand up straight in the center of the room. So if you are tall, claustrophobic, or have trouble with steep stairs, make sure to request one of the 3 other rooms.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We took a cooking class and it was a wonderful! We strolled through the market and had appetizers. The sights and smells were awesome. The bed and breakfast was located in a great area of town. Really close to everywhere you need to go. The owners were very accommodating and very genuine. It was overall a fantastic experience!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was looking for a one day cooking class in Florence-Firenze when I discovered this B&B.
Mariangela was v accommodating with my last minute request and we arranged to meet the next day at her B&B in the morning. I met two lovely sisters from South Africa and proceeded to discuss the menu and away we went on our adventure to find the best ingredients for our meal.

Mariangela has been doing this for the last 12 years and she is v knowledgeable on Florence, the food, culture and it helps she is Italian. Her English was perfect and she even printed the receipes in English at the end of the course. She plans on doing a cookbook but is in the process of writing all of the receipes down as they are in her head. = ) The food, class, wine and company were fantastic! The class is great and if you stay the B&B you probably gain alot more. It def felt like home away rom home.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo