“Excellent quality, local food”

Aurelio I Re del Lampredotto
Ranked #61 of 3,045 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Gastropub
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Go with the locals, and choose the food they usually order. I used to eat panino al lampredotto while I lived in Firenze and this place is still an excellent culinary experience for local food.
Probably the best in town or as they claim ‘the king of lampredotto’. Cheap eats, very good quality and friendly service, what more? Give it a try and enjoy!

Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

I was amazed with the lampredotto panini. Really recommend the place. A cheap and oustanding way to taste the local cuisine. We pay 10 euros for 2 paninis and 2 local beers. The service was class too.

1  Thank Gisela H
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

During my –so far, short– travel by Italy, this is the place where I've been best attended. Aurelio is a street kart with a variety of sandwiches and plates with delicious and great-smelling meat.

As you pass by, Marco greets you with a smile and some small talk in Italian that will get you a quick laugh (even if you understand half of what he is saying, you know it's funny stuff). While he serves you an espresso he'll be –kindly– yelling in Italian to someone else at the other side of the kart.

You'll be enjoying your delicious "lampredotto" sandwich at noon under the summer sun of Florence, while you get refreshed by the waterspray on the top.

As a Mexican, this is the only street food that I've seen in Europe that actually makes you feel like home....from the quality of the food, to the kindness of the people.

Congratulations Marco! Keep it like this.

1  Thank Jorge H
Reviewed April 12, 2017

Our walking tour guide recommended this place as the local spot for Lampredotto and he did not disappoint. My husband and I always like to try the local dishes and were told we couldn't leave Florence without trying this one. I admit to being a little apprehensive, but it was really good. Definitely get a lot of napkins though!

1  Thank ShayKim
Reviewed February 28, 2017

Found it on tripadvisor and went there specific for Lampredotto. It was delicious! Good portion for only 5 euro solo (without sandwich) and comes with bread.