Review Highlights
Tuscany tour

Alessandro is prepared, patient, and awesome -- kids or no kids. Book him for your Tuscany tour... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
troyo484
Tuscan private non-touristy driving tour with Alessandro

Alessandro was very thoughtful; I forgot something in back of car and he dropped it off at our... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Skiz55
Darnestown, Maryland

Recommended experiences in and around Florence
from $90.09
from $171.06
from $79.83
from $136.85
More Info
All reviews day trip cinque terre san gimignano wwii memorial professional driver private driver driving skills several wineries great driver great suggestions crazy butcher castellina in chianti highlight of our trip his knowledge wine tasting own pace grazie mille
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2016

When we recently made a return visit to Florence we knew we would book another tour with Alessandro Cammilli. We had met him three years ago when he escorted us around Tuscany and were very impressed with his professionalism and knowledge of the area. This time we booked the Cinque Terre tour and it was the highlight of our trip. He continues to be our first choice when touring this area. I only wish I could clone him and take him with us when we visit other countries.

Reviewed April 30, 2016 via mobile

My husband and my parents wanted to visit Cinque Terre area and did a little research. I kept seeing the name "Alessandro Cammilli" come up and he was highly recommended. Now I know why! We emailed him and he responded the next day giving us a price and information. We decided to book with him rather than some big company going on a bus. I am so glad we did!
Alessandro picked us up at our hotel in Florence at 8 am. He was friendly and welcoming. He tells you his is a private driver not a tour guide but he does give you a lot of information and knows where to go ! This means you have your own private time and you can do what you want to do !! He tells you that he is happy if you are happy!

First off, we stopped at Pisa just to get a few shots of the leaning tower then it was off to Cinque Terre ! As we do not know the area, Alessandro offered up several options for the day. He called to check but told us that the boat was not running because of the waves that day so he had train tickets all ready for us and gave us some directions on where to go and where we would meet him.

First we stopped at the top of Manarola and he gave us directions of a hike to Corniglia. He even provided us with a cell phone in case we needed to reach him along the way. I didn't expect the hike and was feeling a little sick that day so it wasn't what I had in mind but my parents absolutely loved it !! If you like to hike , I recommend this. Great views. If you are afraid of heights , not so much as you are climbing the side of a mountain on narrow paths and it is quite steep!! After we finished it was a great feeling, looking up at what we had accomplished ! But now we were ready to explore. Alessandro booked us a table for lunch at a cliffside restaurant in Vernazza that was out of the world!! The location, the atmosphere , the staff - amazing !! He even brought is there so we knew where to go. Alessandro let us know which trains to take and made some suggestions so we spent the rest of the time exploring Monterosso and Manarola (my favourites !) and got some beautiful shots. Alessandro's directions were great and he was there ready and waiting for us whenever we finished. It was fabulous.

I should also note how much pride Alessandro puts into this tours. He started this as a hobby and turned it into his job and you can tell he enjoys it. He is meticulously clean over his vehicle and will tidy up while you are touring. He also is quite thoughtful and had cold water stocked in the car for each of us and offered to adjust the car temperatures, etc. He offers to make pit stops along the way for bathroom breaks. At the end of our day, be brought us to a square with panoramic views of Florence where we watched the sun setting before he brought us back to our hotel. This was a day that we will never forget as long as we live and we are so thankful that we had Alessandro's tour. I can't imagine doing it any other way !

Thanks again, Alessandro !

Reviewed April 29, 2016

My sister and I traveled to Italy recently and booked Alessandro for for 3 day trips. My sister knew Ale from a previous trip and was excited to use him again for this trip. Our first excursion was to Tuscany and surrounding areas, ending with a beautiful lunch at a small family run winery. We spent the day seeing castles and beautiful villages and sites and never anything to worry about as we were in good hands with Ale. He was always right there at our designated meeting place opening doors and taking care of our packages. Our daughters then joined us in Florence and the 4 of us took two more day trips which were awesome. We visited Cinque Terre and surrounding areas.We traveled between the villages by train always knowing just where to go, and train tickets in hand provided by Ale. A wonderful lunch overlooking the water was awesome and we ended the day with a ferry ride to where Alessandro was waiting for us.
Our third tour was to Siena, Montalcino and Fanti Winery at Montepolciano. He avoids all the tourist traps and we had so much fun shopping and taking in all the beauty of Tuscany.
Thank-you Alessandro for your special service and providing us with 3 days of beautiful memories. I cannot say enough about the day trips Alessandro provides. He is so knowledgeable about the history and culture of the Florence area and has great stories to tell and and it was a lot of fun!

1  Thank Susan J
Reviewed April 28, 2016

If there were more than five stars I would give them. We went to Italy on our honeymoon, and Alessandro's tour of Val D'Orcia was the highlight of our trip that also included Florence, Siena, Rome, and Positano. He took us to two wineries, one in Montalpuciano and one in Montalcino, and set us up with a picnic lunch at a cheese shop in Pienza overlooking the rolling hills. He gave us time to wander through both Montalpuciano and Montalcino. The entire day was absolutely fantastic, and we would HIGHLY recommend anyone use him.

1  Thank sdkauf
Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I recently went on a European getaway. We traveled to three different countries. Italy was definitely my favorite mostly because of the service Alessandro provided. He has lived in Florence all his life and is well versed with all the surrounding cities, small and large. He catered to our bucket list by making suggestions and providing helpful tips, working with us to plan our perfect day trip. We ultimately decided on Tuscany. On the way Alessandro stopped in several small villages, took us to see an amazing panoramic landscape and made sure we got the most bang for our buck. He has a vast knowledge of the history of Italy.

We opted to have him take us to three of the most popular winery's requested by other tourists and they were all amazing. Alessandro made sure we were able to take advantage of everything that each had to offer. I would highly recommend Alessandro for anyone visiting the Florence area and looking for a wonderful day trip.