“Tuscan hill country”

Alessandro Cammilli Private Tours
Ranked #14 of 368 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello and thanks! I am available for day trips, wine tours, shore excursions and transfers. I hope to see you soon in Tuscany, ciao!
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We enjoyed the day, the locations ,we scenery ,the wine ,the food and we especially enjoyed Allesandro Cammilli. He is delightful, courteous , knowledgable and charming. I would use him again and again and will certainly spread the word to my friends. Ale is wonderful. My cousin had him last year and raved about him so I contacted him and made the arrangements for my group of 4 widows. He was very patient and took very good care of us.

All reviews
in 32 reviews
"our entire trip"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Alessandro was a delightful driver and escort for our outing to San Gimignano, Siena, and Radda. He could not have been more considerate and accommodating for our little group of four. We found him knowledgeable and fun and very sensitive to the pace we preferred. I would certainly recommend him to anyone going to Tuscany.

1  Thank LBA35213
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband, 22 yr old son, and I did 2 day trips with Ale out of Florence. We enjoyed both the Cinque Terre/Pisa trip and the Chianti wine country trip equally as much. Ale picked us up both days promptly at the arranged times in a very comfortable vehicle at our b&b and spent the day entertaining us with delightful stories regarding the areas that we were touring. Each day was planned so completely that all we had to do was show up and be spoiled for the day. Our tickets had all been pre- purchased which saved considerable time and all of our dining reservations allowed us prompt seating so that we had more time to enjoy the sites. His instructions on meeting points and maps that he made available were all greatly thought out. We will definitely be booking more tours with Ale on our return to Italy. We would give him 10 stars if the ratings allowed.

1  Thank 1Cdv
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were lucky enough to secure a day of travel with Alessandro. He picked our family of four (two kids 9 &11) up at our hotel in Florence and drove us to Siena, San Gimignano, Greve, a couple small little hillside towns and wineries and lunch at Officina della Bisteca in Panzano. Ale is the perfect guide. He knows all about the region and all the tips for what is best to see. He takes you to each location, provides you with suggestions and advice for how to see the place, but leaves you to walk around at your own pace. We never felt rushed or pressured to hurry up or buy anything. The countryside was as spectacular as you would expect and lunch in Panzano was super. Our wine tastings were fun, and we were very glad not to be driving between locations. Ale was professional, but personable and warm and we would recommend him to anyone who wants to spend the day in Tuscany.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 16, 2014

From the very beginning Ale was wonderful! We began by e-mail correspondence. He always responded quickly and with detailed answers. We communicated often and made many itinerary changes along the way. He was always amazingly flexible and made great suggestions based on our wants and needs. Originally, I booked him for 3 separate day trips, while traveling with my daughters and elderly mom. At one time while making changes, I even wrote to him about cancelling one of the days.(after having him booked for 5 months) He simply wrote back and said it wasn't a problem and I was so relieved and touched by his kind words. Consequently, we decided to use him for that 3rd day anyway, just for an entirely different adventure!! Each day trip was more amazing than the other.
In fact, the night before our first pickup, Ale called to say hello and introduce himself. I thought that was so sweet. He was always on time and his car was spotless. He was kind, gentle, patient and so knowledgable that it made the hours just fly by. He took us to places most people haven't even heard of and they were all UNBELIEVABLE! Sights, photo ops, restaurants, wineries, I asked him where a particular store was (I collect Kaleidescopes from my travels), he didn't just tell me where, he drove by to SHOW me where! We needed a last minute wheelchair, he got one. I could go on.. but I wont bore you. Just book him and sit back and enjoy. If I would have known then what I know now I would never have spent so much time researching Florence and the area!!
We cant wait to go back to magnificent Florence and learn and see more of Florence and its hidden treasures thru Ale's eyes. We would never look for anyone else. He loves his office, and his job and it shows. Enjoy your trip!!

2  Thank MELISSA L