“The best Tuscany experience”

Alessandro Cammilli Private Tours
Ranked #14 of 356 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello and thanks! I am available for day trips, wine tours, shore excursions and transfers. I hope to see you soon in Tuscany, ciao!
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My son and I had a wonderful day trip around Tuscany with Alessandro. He is a great driver and guide. He took us to so many different cities, places, stores, wineries and an excellent place to have lunch. We could really learn how the wine is produced and could enjoy tasting it. Next time, I hope Alessandro will be avaiable so we can discover more about Tuscany.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I booked Alessandro the 2nd week of January 2014 to take us around Tuscany, and it was definitely one of the highlights of our 12 day stay in Italy. We initially looked into booking one of those set itinerary tour groups but when I read all the great reviews on Alessandro, I immediately emailed him and luckily he was available on the day we wanted to go. Having him take us on a private tour was awesome. We could do whatever we wanted and visit wherever we wanted without being pressed for time.

Our day consisted of visiting Piazzale Michelangelo, Tuscany towns of San Gimignano, Monteriggioni, city of Siena, and Chianti Clasico wineries: Casa Emma and Montagliari. We had an amazing, and very reasonable priced lunch at Dario Doc (Dario Cecchini, famous butcher).

He showed up earlier than our pick-up time and was very professional, friendly and easy to talk to. His car was clean and comfortable, and he was a very safe driver. The drive through Tuscany was so beautiful and picturesque. He would stop at scenic spots and take pictures of us.

He would tell us fun facts and tidbits about each area that we were visiting. He was also very flexible. We didn't have a set list of places or things we wanted to see or do so we just let him decide for us (with him throwing out suggestions and we pretty much just went with wherever he recommended, which were ALL great). We never felt like we had to rush through any of the villages or wineries we visited.

We have already recommended him to all of our friends and family and we look forward to having him take us around the next time we visit Italy!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife and I had a fabulous time wine tasting in Tuscany thanks to Alessandro. He was punctual, knowledgeable, personable, flexible, all with a great sense of humor. It was my wife's birthday and he catered to all of our needs and/or requests. He made the journey very personal and even let the staff at the "Crazy Butcher" (an awesome lunch spot we hit up pre-wine tasting at Alessandro's recommendation) know that it was my wife's birthday so she could be surprised with birthday cake! We never would've received this personal touch on a guided tour or in a group. His rates are extremely reasonable. It was one of the best days of our entire trip. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I throughly enjoyed our day trip with Alessandro. He thoughtfully, with the right touch of humor, explained the Tuscany countryside, the towns and villages, the wine and the people - sprinkled with interesting historical highlights. He took us to visit the "Mad Butcher of Panzano" where we met Dario and had a wonderful meal! Our time with Alessandro was set with an itinerary, however, he made sure to let us know it was our day and we could make adjustments to suit our whims, so we were able to relax without feeling rushed. I will recommend Alessandro's private tours to all my friends visiting the region. What we did and what we saw, ate and drank would have been next to impossible to do without Alessandro's professional relationships. A great day!

1  Thank C c
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I considered our day with Ale one of the best of our entire two week trip in Italy. Ale catered the entire day to our wants and needs. He helped us explore so much of the Chianti countryside that we would never have had the opportunity to do, either on our own or with a tour group. Last minute changes to the day were graciously accommodated and on top of it all, Ale is just fun to be around. We had such a great time and highly recommend his services to anyone we know who is headed to the region. Thanks again Alessandro!