“Best part of our trip to Italy!”

Alessandro Cammilli Private Tours
Ranked #14 of 349 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello and thanks! I am available for day trips, wine tours, shore excursions and transfers. I hope to see you soon in Tuscany, ciao!
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Alessandro was a wonderful tour guide! My best friend and I went on his tour of Tuscany this past March after a friend of my mom's recommended we take a tour with him. (My mom's friend took a tour with Alessandro about three years ago, and Alessandro remembered who he was!) Alessandro customized our trip when we told him what our interests were: food, wine, beautiful scenery and history. We saw many beautiful sights and had a lovely day. His prices are extremely reasonable, especially for the high quality of the tour! This was definitely both mine and my friend's most favorite part of our trip to Italy, which included another tour with a larger company. Alessandro's tour outshone the more commercial tour we took of Cinque Terre. I'm hoping to return next July so that I can go on his tour from Venice to Rome! If you are planning on visiting any part of Italy, definitely book with Alessandro, and fast, since he books up quickly!! Thanks again Alessandro for the amazing trip! I would return in a heartbeat!

There are newer reviews for Alessandro Cammilli Private Tours

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I spent two amazing days with Alessandro touring the beautiful Tuscany countryside.
We visited a castle, wineries, beautiful little towns and viewed fantastic vistas. We had no specific itinerary so we left the details of the trip to Ale. We never felt rushed or hurried and we were able to enjoy all of the many treasures this special part of Italy has to offer. I can't express how much Alessandro's personal touch and attention to the details made our trip one that neither of us will ever forget.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

After my husband refused to drive through the Tuscany Wine Country tasting wine, I researched our second option, hiring a Private Driver. We talked to several couples while in Italy that went the Rental Car Option and realized we made the right choice. They experienced everything from hours wasted renting the car, high costs of rental, added on "extras" like a GPS and one couple had over $300 Euros in fines from driving in Restricted Areas that were poorly marked. Also, they experienced time wasted getting lost and looking for places to park . We had none of those problems! After we compared the rental car option cost to Alessandro's, we were way ahead! Plus when we told other travelers everything we had seen in one day, it was far more than they'd seen in 3 days. My husband was hesitant to rely on someone I'd only spoken to via email, but trusted my decision. Ale was so far above our expectations we are still amazed . He was only available 2 of the 4 days we used a private driver, and we feel spending two days with him was one of the highlights of the trip. He promptly picked us up at our hotel and although I had given him the areas I'd researched and wanted to visit, he showed us far more. Instead of us having to park a rental car, Ale dropped us off at each village entrance, like Siena, Montalcino, Pienza, Pisa, Cinque Terre and several more I'd not even heard of, then waited for us on the other side of the village so we didn't have to back track, saving time. He pointed out so many things we would have missed, the marble mines visible from the car, unique shops, restaurants and told us interesting stories only a true local would know. We let him pick the wineries to visit and the way we were greeted at each place, it was apparent Ale was well respected and liked. We were made to feel like part of the family at each place, getting to see the Real Tuscany, not just the "touristy" side. He gave us no time limit at each stop, as you would have on a "tour" and continually said "No problem, Bella, take your time". I was made to feel like a queen in a private carriage which in turn made my husband happy as well. We look forward to next fall, returning to Italy for at least 3 weeks and spending one of those weeks touring with Alessandro.

2  Thank Lynn K
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Your trip to Florence will not be complete until you book at least one tour with Alessandro. Some friends took one of his tours a few years back and insisted we do the same, and we are so glad we did! After spending a few days in Rome, then exploring the city of Florence, our relaxing tour to the Chianti wine region provided the perfect balance. Alessandro is extremely courteous, attentive, charming and knowledgable. You immediately sense that you are in very capable hands so you can sit back, relax and enjoy the day. He is very flexible with the day's schedule and goes out of his way to ensure that you have a memorable experience. Our day included a combination of small Tuscan villages and wineries - but Alessandro will make whatever adjustments you want - all you hate to do is ask!

Did I mention we booked TWO tours with Alessandro in the same trip? On our second day he drove us to Cinque Terre. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate and it was pouring rain the entire morning. But Alessandro maintained his positive attitude which inspired us to enjoy the trip in spite of the weather. He provided very accurate and thorough train information for travel between the villages, and when we accidentally stepped on the wrong train (totally our fault not his), he was available by phone to get us on the right train.

Alessandro's restaurant recommendations for lunch on both tours were excellent. He is very well received wherever he takes you - it is obvious the restaurant and winery owners/staff think very highly of him.

His tours fill up very quickly so be sure to book well in advance! Again, your Florence experience will not be complete without at least one of Alessandro's tours.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Alessandro has been such a caring & friendly guide for our trip to Cinque Terre & outlets. He gave nice advice & take care of all the details which made our trip so enjoyable! Thanks Alessandro & c u again in Italy!