“Glorious day trip to Tuscany”

Alessandro Cammilli Private Tours
Ranked #14 of 360 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello and thanks! I am available for day trips, wine tours, shore excursions and transfers. I hope to see you soon in Tuscany, ciao!
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our first trip to Italy in July 2013 was amazing with stops in Rome , Florence and Venice. One of the highlights of our trip was the day we spent with Allesandro in Tuscany. In addition the the planned stops in Siena and San Gimignano he made some extra stops at a local winery, Panzano and the American Cemetary. He was prompt, professional, knowledgable and very friendly. And last but not least his price was the most reasonable I found on the web. We recommend Allesandro highly and hope to tour with him again!

4  Thank Dianefp812

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife, daughter and I had the pleasure of being guided around Tuscany for 2 days by Ale (Alessandro Cammilli) whose relaxed yet very professional attitude made for two almost magical days. He is that perfect guide who knows when and where to appear and as importantly, step aside and let you see those things which are better done by yourselves. He loves his job and his country, and helps you learn why.

If you want to be walked through a town with him answering whatever questions you have, he does that perfectly. If you prefer to be dropped off at one end of a town and stroll through on your own pace to the other, he will do so and you will find him waiting for you on the other end with a smile and the car doors open. He will change plans as you desire, and nothing ever seems out of the way as he knows the winding and beautiful roads like the back of his hand.

Thank you Ale...the great memories we gained were enhanced if not created by you!

2  Thank AndyENYC
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Myself, my husband, and our two friends traveled to Florence, Rome, and Sorrento in June 2013 and all four of us agree that our day trip with Allesandro was the best part of our trip. We asked Allesandro to take us to the Tuscany area where we could sight see and taste wine. He took us to a castle, two vineyards, downtown chianti, and Siena. He was very knowledgable and gave us a lot of history and fun facts during the drive. It seemed as though a friend was with us for a day, rather than a driver. He is so friendly and has a great personality. His rates are also very very reasonable! I 100% guarantee you will love your day with Alessandro!

1  Thank Kalin413
Reviewed July 27, 2013

After spending a week in England and doing the all day tour bus day trip to Bath, Windsor Castle and Stonehenge, we were looking for a more intimate experience in Tuscany with a private driver. I stumbled across a couple of reviews of Alessandro and decided to e mail him a couple months ago, best decision I made all year. He was prompt to respond and made several itinerary suggestions. We ultimately decided on a day trip to San Gimignano, Siena, lunch and wine tasting in Chianti, a couple of stops for views of Florence and the wine country. He showed up on time at our hotel at 8:30AM and his car was well air conditioned and had plenty of leg and head room. My son is tall and he was impressed with how much room he had in the back seat. I am almost six feet and was very pleased too, even though Ale jokes about his Fiat. It was similar to a small SUV but had sliding minivan type doors that made it easy to get in and out of and as I said, well air conditioned and a newer model, maybe 2012. We found Ale to be friendly and very down to earth. He is not necessarily an expert historian, but he gave us interesting information about the areas we traveled to and the gelateria he suggested in Florence was excellent and among the top three we tried, called Perche No. They use only fresh ingredients, no preservatives and freshly made each day. While on the subject, we also enjoyed Carraya gelateria. San Gimignano also has an award winning gelateria and he warned us that there are others who try to pass themselves as such, but Dondoli is the one you want. Back to Ale and our day trip. We also enjoyed Siena and without doubt the cathedral was the most beautiful I've seen anywhere as far as the interior, well worth the trip for that alone. Ale was not pushy or judgemental as to what we wanted to see. He would not have made a fuss had we decided not to go in the Siena cathedral, but even if you're not religious or into art, it would be a shame to miss if you are there. Without doubt, we enjoyed our visit to the winery in Chianti the most, where we also got to taste olive oil and a very nice relaxing lunch outdoors. Subsequently, we made an unexpected stop in Greve, for cheese tasting and Ale also stopped at a mansion where Leonardo Da Vinci is believed to have lived. And as a bonus, sunflowers were in bloom and we were able to see acres and acres of beautiful sunflowers in full glory. Overall, our day with Ale is going to be one of the most memorable and enjoyable of our two weeks in Europe. He has a strong accent, but quite understandable, giving an added authenticity to the experience. As for price, it was very fair, considering we spent about the same to be holed up with fifty people on a tour bus in England. If you have a chance to hire Ale when in Italy, I can say from our experience, it was very positive. I believe he can also do transfer or pick up from airports so that's another thing to consider, such as pick up at Rome airport and take you to see some sights on your way up to Florence or elsewhere. If we had more time, we would have hired him a second day but alas, we had to move on to France. In summary, I would without hesitation recommend Alessandro Cammilli as a driver who can get you safely to where you want to go and provide some interesting conversation along the way. My son particularly enjoyed his sense of humor.

6  Thank travelfourless
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I (in our 50's) recently spent our second wonderful day with Alessandro having toured with him during our last trip to Florence five years ago. When we booked this most recent trip, reaching out to Ale to secure another wonderful day with him was one of the first things I did. And I'm happy to report that our second time with him did not disappoint!

As other have said, he is knowledgeable, extremely accommodating, very professional and just fun to spend the day with. And I felt completely safe driving with him all day. If you are the type of person who wants to get out of the city and tour the amazingly beautiful countryside in Italy but don't like large tour groups, a day (or two) with Ale is the perfect solution. You set your own agenda; you can spend as little or as much time at any stop as you would like; you can enjoy some amazing wine and tour the breathtaking hill towns of Tuscany all in the same day.

I'm not sure when we'll be able to make it back to Florence. But when we do, a day with Ale will certainly be on the agenda!

3  Thank Dolode