Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Italy on a Budget Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Italy on a Budget Tours
from $91.80
from $81.30
from $29.00
from $113.80
1,239 results
All reviews grape escape amalfi coast tour cinque terre day trip wine tasting san gimignano guide alex truffle oil gelato blue grotto winery tour medieval town small group recommend this trip great trip amazing wine a lot of fun
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My friend and I did 2 day tours with these awesome people.

Our first tour was the Grape Escape. We had a lovely tour of a winery in the Chianti region and were schooled in the art of pairing wine and food. The wines, olive oil and the balsamic we tasted was amazing! This was the day I learned how fabulous a certain kind of balsamic tastes with simple ice cream ;) We finished this tour with an amazing home cooked meal by Gianni in his very own Tuscan farm, which was situated in a very pretty part of the country - and Gianni was a delightful host. We also took in the lovely town of San Gimignano.

Our second tour was the Pisa and Cinque Terre day trip. A long day tour, but well worth it! You get to Pisa quite early which is great because it is quietish for a short while before all the hoards of other tourists arrive.

Going to Cinque Terre is just amazing also. It is very guided by the company and we were given very clear maps so that we were never lost and well looked after.

A very highly recommended group! I wish I were able to stay longer in Florence to take another tour with these guys.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was traveling Europe alone and really wanted to get out to Tuscany while in Florence. Not only was this a much better price than all other day trips to Tuscany (by 20-30 Euros), but it felt much more authentic with a smaller group of travelers and the smaller establishments we visited in the evening. I loved having the wine tasting experience at Sant'Agnese and a meal made by a local for dinner. It was one of the highlights of my trip and would encourage all to try it!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Wow, what a great value! We toured two small towns outside of Rome with historical, current, and cultural commentary from our hilarious and spunky tour guide. She really packed a lot of information that doesn't appear in any tour books into our day, but presented it in a way that was memorable and enjoyable. (I'm a teacher, so I'm quite the critic!) Some of my favorite things were hand gestures and a toasting song, all of which were verified later by another local. We also participated in an incredible wine/balsamic vinegar/honey/etc. tasting at an organic farm. Finally, we enjoyed a home cooked dinner at a home in the Tuscan countryside. I wish we would have taken the tour earlier in our stay in Florence; we probably would have booked more experiences through this company!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Such a fun day, especially for the cost! Dario was great and we learned so much about the area. Wine tasting was fun and lunch at an actual Tuscan home was unexpected! I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who really wants a taste of Tuscany :)

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This wine tour was truly amazing. The views are beautiful! The tour guides were so sweet and they gave us opportunities to take pictures do San Gimignano. I would definitely use Italy on A Budget again! I loved heading all the information from our Italian tour guides! They really were great and knew their stuff!! Good job Irene! Thank you!