“Excellent”

Osteria Vecchio Vicolo
Reserve with
Osteria Vecchio Vicolo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #149 of 2,811 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I dined ar the restaurant on Sunday night and the food and service was excellent. They welcomed us with a complimentary glass of prosecco. We had the T-bone steak for two and they cooked it just the way we wanted..rare, but warm all the way through. The salad mista was very fresh and large for a side dish. If you go, try the tiramisu...it was delicious. As a parting gesture, they gave us cantucci to take with us. I highly recommend the dining establishment.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We went for dinner as a family (with a four year and a nine month old) and came across this place. I remembered seeing it on tripadvisor so we decided to eat. The service was great from the minute we walked in, kids loved it! Good was delicious and good portions too. Had two pizzas and meatballs for kids to share. Only bad point was there was only two small meatballs in the kids dish, wouldn't normally be an issue but my daughter loved them after finally letting us order her something other than pasta and pesto! Would definitely go here again!'

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here yesterday, it was really good. We had an octopus appetizer, shared a lobster spaghetti, and a T-bone steak, ok, we didn't finished the whole steak, not that it's bad, but we ordered too much. We drank the house wine which is ok as well. After all of those, we had a ice cream with strawberry at the top. All for 89 euros, pretty good deal considering the quality of the food, and its convenient spot, we'll come back for sure.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner and we were so pleased with the owner who greeted everyone and made a point to make sure the guests were having a good time. We sat inside but it felt like outside with a nice breeze blowing in from the wide open front gate. My husband ordered tortelle (like big tortellini/ravioli) and it is hands down, the best thing he's had in Italy. He ordered bistecca fiorentine and I ordered a seafood platter. He very much liked his steak and I thought the fish on the seafood platter was good but the shrimp and crawfish like crustacean was not great. We would definitely go back because of the good food, accessible location, and great atmosphere.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We had lovely lunch in this buzzy restaurant just near palazzo vecchio but much better food and value than the offerings on the main square, definitely worth a try.