WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Osteria Vecchio Vicolo

Osteria Vecchio Vicolo
Ranked #149 of 2,588 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Uffizi
north east
“Great food, great location, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We hadn't booked and it was busy but they managed to find us a table. Staff were very friendly and chatty. The food was excellent. The seafood risotto was incredible. The price was very reasonable. Would definitely eat here again.

• Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Really great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband, 22 year old son and I couldn't decide where to go and looked at Trip Advisor..what a find! First place that we went that didn't pressure us into having many courses. We did choose gnocchi with zucchini with pesto, ravioli with spinach and bacon, a calzone with olives and artichokes, a pasta al forno with a meatball and a salad with olives, tomatoes, anchovies and parmesan cheese. We told them that we liked to share everything and they were great about giving us extra plates without asking. We had been wine tasting all day, and wanted to save room for gelato so no wine, no coffee. But it was our last night so wanted to try the cheesecake...wonderfully light. No tip was added (also unusual) so we felt that we weren't forced into anything! The most relaxing, casual dining experience!

Visited August 2013
“Delicious! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate dinner here, and were pleased with all aspects of the experience! The food was delicious (especially the duck) and reasonably priced. The tiramisu was pure heaven! Great service. Would definitely go back!

“Excellent lunch in Florence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family of 10 thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at Osteria Vecchio Vicolo. We arrived very tired and hot after a 3 hour tour of Florence. We had reservations so we were seated immediately at a very nice table. Every meal we ordered was great. The service was excellent and the owners treated us very well.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food, Amazing Staff, Simply The Best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is a gem. Delicious food. To start my wife and I had the gnocchi with tomato sauce and basil and the spinich and cheese tortellini with mushrooms and black truffle. Both just to die for. Perfectly cooked, sauce delicious and a beautiful presentation. For the main course I had the 500g floritine steak cooked to perfection. And my wife had the meat combo. It came with small pieces of chicken, pork, beef and floritine sausage. It was also served with salad. During our meal we got to know the owner Luigi and his wife. We got to talking and after he found out I was in Florence with my wife celebrating our honeymoon. He sent is over a round of limoncello and a tiramisu to share. I am italian myself and I have eaten in Italian restaurants all over the world and this one is for sure one of my favourites. Best bang for the buck in Florence. Grazie Luigi.

• Visited July 2013