“Texas isn't the only place to get a big , tender , and juicy steak .”
Review of Il Bisonte - CLOSED

Il Bisonte
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Aurora, Indiana
“Texas isn't the only place to get a big , tender , and juicy steak .”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

At the recommendation of my hotel I tried this wonderful place . The girls waiting the tables seemed to team together to give you great fast service . The gnocchi was just like my mother had made them . After I finished my plate I was wondering why I even ordered a steak ? Well I came to Florence not only to see the sights but eat a steak . Sylvia brought out my steak before it was even cooked . There was a awe in the whole place . It arrived on a plate with a little arugula and cherry tomatoes . People just stared in amazement . My seat being close to the door even brought attention from the sidewalk as people passed by . Soon there was a line waiting to get in to try this establishment . Probably because they could see this huge steak I was served . I do not know how I managed to fulfill eating all of it ? Over one kilo ! I never had a bad bite of anything as it was all great . If I had it to do all over I'd brought someone with me to share it with . You'd better be a big eater if you think you can do it . Thumbs up for sure . It's worth the price !

• Visited September 2013

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Humungous Steak - Delicious Food”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Not having been to Florence before, we were not aware that Florence is known for their Steak Fiorentina. We checked out TA to find out where the best restaurant is to have this dish & found Il Bisonte.

We arrived quite early for dinner & were not in a hurry to leave. We were very warmly greeted & the service for the remainder of the evening was exemplary. Not knowing the local wines, we explained what kind of wine we liked & the manager recommended a delicious wine to compliment our meal.

My hubby & I shared gnocchi which was outstanding!! I've never had such melt-in-your-mouth gnocchi...ever!! My mouth's watering just remembering how delicious it was!! You must try it!! Then we moved on to the Steak Fiorentina - sharing of course!! The steak was cooked to perfection - juicy & tender. I would definitely recommend sharing it - it's HUGE!! To top off the evening, we then shared a chocolate fondant, which was also really good.

If we ever go back to Florence, we'll definitely come back to Il Bisonte - yummy!! Overall a fantastic experience - from the food to the service to the atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
Tamworth
“ The steak the whole steak and nothing but the steak”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We found this very close to our Hotel on an inclement night. It appears to be new but service was spot on and the food spot on we started with the anchovy spaghetti and the gnocchi both dishes were very nice then onto our main I had ordered the steak florentine and my partner the angus steak and again both were full of flavour, tender and cooked to perfection all washed down with a chianti followed by a chocalate cake with a soft heart (chocolate lava cake). Highly recommended.

1 Thank poiter
“THE place where THE steak is in THE house”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Good steak
Good pasta
Good fish
Good beer and wine...
Good to try!!!
Great service, nice people, nice atmosphere, good music.
THE best piace in Italy where you can taste a real Bisonte steak .....

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Babaluba67
Lynn A
“top restaurant”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

amazing restaurant with freindly and funny staff, the steak is simply the best I had in Florence, good wine selection for an average price.
A Must