“A gem of a gelateria”

Ranked #21 of 218 Dessert in Florence
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This isn't in the tourist area, but it isn't too far away and is worth the extra walk to get there. First off, the people who work there were so kind, and it was by far the best gelato we had in Italy. They also had a great selection of granita and a desert case filled with amazing frozen confections.

Check out the photo and you can see for yourself.

But if you want to keep it simple, the gelato was amazing and an amazing price. As we sat, Italians on work breaks came in and ordered during the afternoon. That shows you it's the real deal.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Everyone looks for the best gelato when visiting Italy. This place may be it. Good selection, good service, good price, great product. Maybe deserves a "6."

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This is the best gelato I have tasted in Italy. The staff is friendly with sweet smile. She offered us to sampled the various flavors before we decided which two to pick.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Our rented apartment was a few blocks down from B. Ice and during our two week stay we went to B. Ice 4 times! It was my favorite gelato place to go. I always got chocolate and hazelnut in a small cup. They would give me a waffle cracker as well, to go with my gelato. I squeezed a quick bite at B. ICE on the last day of my stay in Florence! I'de make the effort to come here and try their awesome gelato!

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful gelato, our apartment was just few minutes away from here so we were really pleased to find such a great gelato place on our first day in Florence. Wonderful gelato, especially nocciola :) hazelnut!