“They just get it....”

Cacio Vino Trallalla
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Cacio Vino Trallalla is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 2,909 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Description: Tiny Tuscany Bistrot, close to Ponte Vecchio, just four tables...All tuscany specialties, 25 kind of wines, local brewed beer, characteristic dishes, unpasteurized cheeses, "Cinta Senese" meat.. Truffle exclusive menu. Jazz Music
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Taking the advice of all those on trip advisor we wanted to try one of the top reviewed locations in Florence, glad we picked this one.

While it was tiny, like 4 tables tiny, it was a great experience. The owners have had the place for a few years as they moved from Rome for the quiet life of Florence. Both husband and wife seemed to be happy to serve a few tables a night, get a reservation you will need it, and take great care of those who come.

As we typically do we let them guide us through our meal. We started with a black pig, local Tuscan animal, salad with blueberry balsamic glaze. It was out of this world! At the same time we shared a Buffalo Mozz salad. About as fresh as it gets. See pics of both below.

For our main they suggested an Eggplant Parmesan. Ok so I DONT like Eggplant a great deal but I ate every bite and wanted more. The fact that there was no breading at all on it made it taste so wonderful.

We finished up with 3 different desserts on one plate to share, I loved the cheesecake but it was all outstanding.

So if you want to go to a place that is tiny, intimate and very good, make your reservation and enjoy......

And I highly suggest you just let them take you on the journey...

PS. I was also a very fair price for all we had!!

1  Thank RFAD

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I went here with my partner after reading all the great reviews. I was suprised how good the lasagna tasted. It was delicious. The staff were lovely too and we had a really enjoyable night.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We came round this restaurant quite late in the evening and didn't have a reservation. We weren't really hungry and were looking for some wine and cheese, so the owners offered to seat us at the bar. This is one of the best cheese and wine experience we had while in Italy!

We had 2 plates of cheese and meat mix, all carefully prepared by the owner/barmen. We could see how he carefully selected different cheeses/meats and made sure we didn't have the same things on both plates (or that we did have something we very much liked from the first plate!). He also told us where each one of the cheeses and meats originated from and how they were called. We also ordered some wine to go and we asked for their recommendations. So we ended up trying quite a few different wines that matched perfectly to the food. At some point the owners were actually arguing about which wine to serve us best to match the food - that was amazing, we could see they really cared! At the end of the evening we were the last couple in quite late at night and nobody rushed us out or anything!

The attention and the level of service was very personal and beyond excellent! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone! Although please keep in mind that the restaurant is very small so if you want to go there for food, make sure you book in advance!

1  Thank zid7
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We made a reservation for Cacio Vino Trallalla, based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor, and this place didn't disappoint. I'd highly suggest a reservation, since there are only a handful of tables. The atmosphere is very casual, but the quality of the food was excellent. If you go, get the lasagna. This is lasagna to write home about -- it's awesome! They make it with a Béchamel sauce, which is different than any other lasagna I've ever tried, but I've since learned that this is a common way to make lasagna in Italy. The restaurant is conveniently located near the Ponte Vecchio bridge, and was about a block or so from the Hotel Alessandra, where we were staying.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

What a fantastic dining experience! I would make sure you get a reservation--you can simply stop in and get one. The couple that owns the place is so friendly and delightful! The food was unbelievable! The helped us pick out wine for each course and explained everything. We had a huge meal that was amazing for like 60 bucks!!!! They only have room for 6-8 at a time so get a reservation--you DON'T want to miss this experience. It is very close to the Ponte Vecchio on a small street. I will go back to Florence to eat here!

1  Thank AM25DN29