“Take your business elsewhere”
Review of Cafe de la Paix

Cafe de la Paix
Ranked #31 of 58 Coffee & Tea in Florence
Neighborhood: Duomo
Neighborhood: Duomo
Sydney, Australia
“Take your business elsewhere”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I stopped here one evening for a take away gelato. Although the older gentleman working there seemed friendly and polite, a younger man who served us was extremely rude. I asked to sample one flavour (just one) and he basically yelled at me because they don't do tasting. I've read on my guide app that it was alright to ask for a taste, but apparently not at this place.

The gelato was mediocre at best. I've had far better. This one may be somewhat of a tourist trap as it's right next to the duomo. With the dozens of gelato places in Florence, I wouldn't recommend going to one where you may get barked at for making a reasonable request.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank leigh229

• Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
“Best spot for gelato with an unbeatable Duomo view”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

There are plenty of places to get your gelato fix in Firenze, but this cafe/bar offers a choice of places to sit and relax while sipping your espresso or savoring your gelato. The staff are very friendly, and speak English well. Ask Ermal what his favorite flavors are, and you can't go wrong. Thanks to him, I collected an embarrassing number of those little plastic gelato spoons during my two months in Firenze! Literally located a few short feet from the Duomo, there is incredible historic beauty in every direction. This was the last place I went (even though it was the dead of winter) before I left, and it will probably be the first place I go when I return.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Alexinasf
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Great Cafe”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great cafe right next to the Duomo. Reasonable prices, great Spritz! Friendly staff. Overall a great stop for a snack,ice cream or drink. We would definitely visit here again.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Nettieboms
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Great Cafe Near the Duomo”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We sat outside and had excellent service. They had generous portions of gelato, and the coffee was excellent.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Lexington44
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Tasty Treats”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Quick stop for a tasty treat. Service was fast and price was reasonable. (2 Euros for a small gelato), located right by the Duomo and some decent local shopping.

Visited July 2013