“Best pizza in Italy (so far)”
Review of I'Pizzacchiere

I'Pizzacchiere
Ranked #33 of 2,908 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Piazzale Michelangelo
Description: Delicious pizzeria in the historical center of Florence located in the district of San Niccolo. Small room, with benches and wooden tables. Suitable for families, groups and those who want to enjoy a fabulous pizza without too much trouble. It should be noted that in the months of January, February, March, the pizzeria is closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays.
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a good lunch place after traveling for the first half of the day. We saw this small place that could only fit about 12 people inside and figured it might be good (plus, it had a sign that said "The best pizza in Italy").

The service was good but the pizza was amazing. The margherita special was delicious and the crust was perfect.

Every pizza I've had since and any I have in the future will have to compare to that one. I would have gone back again and again if time had allowed.

Alfredo C, Proprietario at I'Pizzacchiere, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

thank you gentlemen for your review.
too, I'm really too kind.
it is true, we write out "THE MOST GOOD PIZZA OF FLORENCE"
this may sound a bit pretentious but it is you, with your reviews that we confirm it.
we do our utmost to give you the maximum.

By Alfredo & Natasha "I'PIZZACCHIERE STAFF"

Write a ReviewReviews (1,761)

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

This was by far the best pizza we had in Italy. It's a little hole-in-the-wall place with great food and better people. Try the White Tiger -- a funny name for a serious pizza. It gets crowded and the wait can be long, so make a reservation online beforehand. If you are in Florence, make it a point to get there. It will be a highlight of your stay.

thank you gentlemen for your review.
too, I'm really too kind.
she speaks of the "WHITE TIGER PIZZA"
it is true, the name is a bit funny for a pizza, but we were looking for an original name for a pizza by taste.
the WHITE TIGER PIZZA is a recipe our exclusive and only here you can eat.
we are happy that you have chosen the pizza.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

After a long day of touring in Florence, culminating in a walk down from Pizza Michelangelo, we were hot, tired, and hungry. Found this lovely little restaurant, near several others. My husband said he just got a good "vibe" from it. He was right! Friendly, welcoming staff, nice casual atmosphere, and fast service. But most importantly, the food was delicious! Pizzas were beautifully done and presented, and were delicious. A nice surprise - usually when you only see 2 red wines listed, you aren't in for much of a wine experience, but the chianti we had (wish I could remember the name) was just delicious! Will seek it out the next time we are in Florence (and there WILL be a next time!)

Alfredo C, Proprietario at I'Pizzacchiere, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

hello gentlemen, thank you for your review.
I am pleased that our pizza, our prices and our friendliness have been acceptable to you.
particularly wine, you should know that the wine in Italy has many variations.
Chianti is almost always on the go on the safe side.
I say almost because it should be understood whether it is really good, and it often happens that tourists give poor quality.
our 2 red wines chianti are D.O.C.G.
is a small symbol that you find close to the cap, if it has that signature you are selling a wine is not good.

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Pizza here is great and the bases are very well cooked, just perfect! I like my pizza simple and had the margarita. My husband had a prosciutto pizza which he really enjoyed! Wine was very good here too!
But what is such a stand out is the wonderful service by staff. We were served by a very friendly blonde lady who was so nice and accommodating! So nice to see great service like this! Will definitely go back when in Florence again!

hello gentlemen, thank you for your review.
when you go florence past to greet us.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This tiny restaurant is located just outside the city center, but it's definitely worth the visit! We were welcomed very friendly by Natasha, very hospitable. We had the award winning Tigra Bianca (white tiger) pizza, which was more than enough for me and my wife. Probably one of the best pizzas we ever had! It was accompanied by a great bottle of Chianti. We had great dinner for under 30 euros, extremely good value for money. We surely recommend this restaurant to everyone who loves pizza! Because it's a small restaurant, you might want to make a reservation (which can be done online).

hello gentlemen, thank you for your review.
I remember pleasantly for you.
and we would appreciate that if you go back to florence you are still our customers.