“Best Pizza I Have Had In 15 Years”

Pizza Man De Amicis
Ranked #9 of 2,848 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: First store of Pizzaman Franchising: you can take away your pizza or you can eat on stools in a pizzeria.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

By the name I was not expecting much, but were recommended this place by the receptionist in the hotel. I was on a specific Pizza Tour of Italy, trying to find the best pizza's in the home of Pizza's... I found it.

Nothing on the menu other than various different ways of putting together the base, the cheese and the tomato (and I suppose we should count the basil as well)

There was no option for different toppings which slightly annoyed my girlfriend, but... for a pizza purist like me, it was amazing. We ordered 2 different types of pizza and shared them both. I have to say, of the 9 days we spent in Italy eating pizza, and the 5 different cities we went to and the dozen different restaurants, this stands above all the rest as the best pizza of the trip and certainly the best since I was a teenager in Sorrento (we tried to find that place when we went back on the same trip and it was not there anymore).

So, I highly recommend this place. Its not romantic, its not classy but the food is out of this world!

1  Thank NathanViva

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just off the Piazza Santa Croce and a haven of unpretentious hospitality and tasty pizza. Friendly staff and super-cheap prices (for Florence). Prices only €6-8 for a large pizza! Highly recommended if you're in the area.

1  Thank PineMonkey
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my dinner at pizza man last week when i visited florence. The menu is rich, service is quick and friendly staff, prices are good.
I strongly recommend this place of you are around :-)

1  Thank Karim_Bennis
Reviewed May 29, 2013

On a rainy day, my friend and I got take-away pizza to eat back at the hotel. While we waited, we were given free glasses of champagne and appetizers! Such a surprise! The staff was very friendly despite the language barrier. Great experience.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

"Pizzaman,Baracca" is a family restaurant on the outskirts of the city center.We stayed at Quadra Keys hotel which advised us to try this restaurant.It seemed that it was patronized by many Italian families and friends. Our server, Valentina was absolutely the model of what a waiter should be. She was very bubbly and helpful, with a terrific sense of humour and knew the menu inside and out. We ate there a few times during our visit in Florence because the food was so fresh and delicious and they made us feel so welcome. Pizza, pasta, meat dishes and desserts were so well prepared and so reasonable a price, it was not a surprise to how many people frequented this place.We were away for three weeks in Italy and this restaurant certainly stands out as one of the most enjoyable experiences of the trip.