“Brewpub with good selection. ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Archea Brewery

Archea Brewery
Ranked #69 of 425 things to do in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Two steps from Santo Spirito square there's a new brew pub where You can taste a large selection of the best artisan/craft beers in the world. Enjoy Your beer with food or just with good music. Experience the characteristics and atmosphere of non-touristic side of the river! Via De'Serragli 44/R FirenzeEvery day from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Preston, United Kingdom
296 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 336 helpful votes
“Brewpub with good selection. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

A very good brewpub with a wide selection of craft beers. Comfortable interior and friendly staff. Enjoyed our little trip here to start out night.

2 Thank NinaTom

• Turkish first
Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“unexpected Florentine beer venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stumbled into this micro brewery after a great meal at Osteria Santo Spirito (and staggered out a few pints later). The bar staff were great, offering a sample of all the beers and explaining in detail about each one. Their English is excellent.The place reminded me of bars I used to go to in Glasgow when I was a student many years ago. In truth, my partner and I are far too old for this type of establishment- loud ACDC playing etc but we like unusual things and regressing to our youth! I had a hazelnut beer, it tasted a bit like Scottish 'heavy'. I'm still laughing about the slightly worried barman when asked if there was a ladies toilet replied "No, there's only one, but we only have 'polite gentlemen' using it so it should be OK". We were made to feel very welcome here, by the staff AND the clientele. I think some of the young Florentines were rather fascinated by my partner's "received pronunciation" English accent.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank Margaret A
London
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Excellent beers - great venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place, but then I love beer. Well worth a visit if you're wanting to try Italian craft beer. They had a good selection of imported beer too. It had a rock bar vibe to it too, which suited us but might not to be everyones taste.

3 Thank CSA80
Naperville, Illinois
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great beer and nice people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Across the river to the non touristy side of town, a short walk from the center of town, is a little brewery that has great craft beers. The bartender was really nice to us and happened to speak English. We sat and tried many beers, had great conversations and left refreshed. The next day we drove by on our way for a tour and there were people hanging out in the little front area laughing, drinking and talking and we wanted to pull over for a while. I'd go back again.

Visited August 2013
5 Thank Michael G
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Tasty beer, helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Achea Brewery is a nice south of the river place to grab a beer. They have several beers on tap, including some that are made in house. The staff was helpful and offered information and samples before buying. The walls are covered in 1970s American rock posters, and they play music to match. It makes for a cool atmosphere.

They also offer daily specials, which I took advantage of (a 3 euro beer is much better than 6, especially when they are all good quality).

The only negative thing I have to say is that we showed up on a Tuesday around 6 pm, and they weren't open. We waited around for at least a half hour, but no one showed. The hours we saw online led us to believe that they should be open, so we were confused about the closing, but decided to come back the next day.

Visited July 2013