“off the beaten path, beautiful work, no pressure to buy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of I Mosaici Di Lastrucci

I Mosaici Di Lastrucci
Ranked #150 of 425 things to do in Florence
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“off the beaten path, beautiful work, no pressure to buy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

These guys are great!
We were brought here by a guide, just to see how the mosaics are made. We didn't even know they sold them. It is a workshop/studio/school first, not a gallery where their main goal is to sell you something. The works are absolutely amazing, and we ended up buying one. It is run by a father and son, and you can see many works in progress. They even showed our sons (teenagers) how to cut the stones.

Visited July 2012

Lodi, WI
“Beautiful Work - Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

The visit is worthwhile even if you don't buy anything. About a 10 minute walk from the Domma. The work is all by hand so it is a bit more expensive than the tourist traps throughout town. You actually get to spend time with the artist that made each piece. If you buy something, our mosaic arrived two weeks later in the USA perfectly and carefully packaged. Can't say enough good things about them.

I read another review that complained about small children being frowned upon and now I can't find it. It is a dangerous place for small children. What idiot would let small children run loose and handle small pieces of extremely fragile art worth several hundred or thousand Euro's? It you take your children, keep a tight grip on them!

Visited September 2012